Update frequency of beta/technology preview release.

I am running the latest TR but as you can see, the signature updates are more than 2 days old.

Yet checking the latest database updates there have been signatures available during this time; http://www.f-secure.com/dbtracker/

Therefore;

1. Daily updates are only for the official gold release e.g at the present time, FS IS 2013.

2. I am receiving daily updates but the database versions are not showing correctly within my database version Window?Capture.GIFCapture2.GIF

Comments

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

I have also submitted a bug report to the beta channel with the corresponding diagnostic report (fsdiag.zip).

• Blackcat

Just come through now; so updates NOT daily in the TP release?

Capture. 5 GIF.GIF

Virus and spyware definitions are updated only when we change something in them. Usually this happens 1-12 times every day. It's very unlikely that for the whole weekend there were no updates - we are looking into it now.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Blackcat

Any news?

There was a problem in our internal database publishing system and no beta databases were published during the weekend. This affected only beta users. The client works properly as far as we can tell.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Blackcat

Hi Ville

I am not sure what your post means; published=released?

Does it mean that signatures were available but only sent to the 2013 versions and not the beta? 

This discussion has been closed.