ULAV fresh news

Superuser

Re: ULAV fresh news

Hello,

With updates (today) for Scanner core (or USS core) as potential reason... I have next situation with F-Secure ULAV and system/browser/network/something else:

-> There start be a certainly visible delay (or hook... or paused... or something around this words) during loading (?!) resources or created any connection (or background-connection?!) or loading scripts?! or other reasons for some of next visible points:

--> During visit a Google page.. will be more delay and visible "hooked" for page about "information"-pop-up by Google (Add Google Search for speedy response), which comes after "unfreeze".

And simply page... with freeze-status -> not available to start create search-query or something else.

--> For example...  during work with F-Secure Safe Search Beta..... and creating a search-query.

Any new "connection/relationships" with completr-v2 will be with lags/freeze-steps/hooks/delay between response or other.

Such as.. speedy creating  by "character-pause-character-pause...." will be with slide-show/freeze-delay around. And etc. Such as "response" about "results of tips" comes later, than usually..  or comes with delay.

Such as "we ask", but answer comes after "visible delay".

--> Some of other places and examples. Also with F-Secure website as main-page. During first visit (?!) per session or something around.

Most of examples.. related with some of "first experience". I mean -> first visit for... or first connection with?!

And with "remember it"-status?! But anyway.... with some of cleaning for cookies or other. Restart browser.. or other.  I can to repeat it.. too much often. Enough for very visible situation.

Also.. it's most likely related with F-Secure ULAV. With FS Protection or with something another - it's not happened. Or not so visible delay.

Also.. it's comes just today "?!". Potentially after updates for scanner-core (?!). Because other updates was just as default ones for signatures/fuzzy-hashing;

Also.. my network connection settings can be "too much slow" for modern meanings.

Anyway... it's just my local experience (which probably stable for F-Secure ULAV as up-to-date situation) or global point ?

Thanks.

Superuser

And also.. there again same experience about Windows monthly updates.

It's again comes with "non-stop" upload/network usage by F-Secure ULAV (as scanning/re-check with cloud maybe), which commonly take around hour (about installing updates I mean. just install-process. already downloaded).

But goes to probably "full stuck" - if will be another usage for network (can be by another device  too) during this process.

Maybe it also just my local experience, because it's looks like too much "visible", because installation of updates take not just five-ten minutes, but some hours (or around hour as example with less time of stuck and loading for check/scan/network usage/paused/hooked for installation-process). And just because situation from first versions of F-Secure ULAV (which was available) and with each month/Windows updates.

Superuser

HelloI have not experienced the troubles described in both above posts, the only frustrating point so far is ULAV blocking perfectly legit and clean URLs.

Just a few things about my rig: nvidia GTX970, ssystem on Hyper X SSD, 8 gigs ram, internet on optical fiber 500/200.

It would be intersting to have UKKO's rig specs

see u soon :)

F-Secure

Yesterday afternoon we published an update to Ultralight which enabled our protection components to send more executable file types to the cloud for scanning (both from file-based scanning and web traffic scanning). One of the file types that we enabled for cloud scanning was javascript.

In our own testing, these changes did not impact the useability of our systems. We were, however, hoping to receive feedback from others in the beta program, so thanks for the feedback so far!

Slow networks, especially those with high latencies, will likely be affected the most. I would be interested in hearing from more people as to whether these changes have caused your systems to become noticeably slower or unuseable, and in what situations. Information from speedtest would also be appreciated!

We'll continue to monitor the situation and decide how to move forward once we have more information.

Thanks again for the great feedback!

--andy

Superuser

no slowdowns whatsoever, speedtest shows no difference: istay with 480 mbs down and 180 up with a 5 ms ping.

pls tel the devs to work on the overzealous url filtering.

when can we expect major changes on this point and ui ?

F-Secure

@yeoldfart Regarding your UI crashes on Win10, we could investigate the problem. Please do the following:

1) Download and run our diagnostic tool from 

2) Provide the resulting zip file to us (either via ultralight-feedback@f-secure.com or via centercode)

Thanks!

--andy
F-Secure

@yeoldfart 

Regarding the URLs that we're blocking, if you could submit them to us via ultralight-feedback@f-secure.com or via centercode, we can look into whether they are false positives and get them fixed.

As far as a UI update, we're hoping it will be arriving real soon. The next UI update will enable banking protection. I'll announce on here once we make the release!

Superuser

Hello Andy
sent one 2 minutes ago, do u need a report for each crash ?
F-Secure

@yeoldfart 

We'll take a look at the diag you sent us and go from there. If we need more information, I'll let you know!

Thanks for sending it!

Superuser

you're welcome Andy. From now on I'll run the testing on my laptop which is still under Windows 8.1

let me confirm I don't quit, I just swapped rigs to put ulav on a secondary rig 'laptop).