ULAV fresh news(Banking Protection)

Patron

Re: ULAV fresh news(Banking Protection)

I, too, had a problem with Banking protection launching with regular sites. That was a little while ago and happened frequently. Recently no such problem.

What I experienced yesterday and that has happened before as well. I am on a site, select things to my basket and proceed to checkout and payment, banking protection launches. The I want to add some items. I cannot as banking protection blocks it. What I have is a bar at the top which allows to stop banking protection, so I can use that to stop it.

Should I need banking protection when it does not automatically launch the work around is to open a banking site in another tab which launches banking protection (for all tabs)

Aspirant

Zdravstvuyte.Skazhite what version of the engine , and when it is updated .

Patron

Cannot really see it from the very limited GUI. Can you?

Components were updated from 26.5.2016  - 26.7.2016

Superuser

Hello,

But which engine you mean (scanning engines, other things, UI, certainly build maybe)? Some of engines can be same with F-Secure/FS Protection solutions (scanning engines probably). Some of engines updating time to time.

Update for installer (which mean some of fresh things) was probably around month ago.

Also... with my experience (which there probably not noted as changes)..... F-Secure ULAV can be already with Advanced Local Scanning (like main F-Secure solution Aquarius core). Directory/folders/files for scan... listed under UI after scan-action (files, which your target to scan).

Sorry for reply.

Aspirant

The core engine Bitdefender 

Superuser

Hello,

With F-Secure ULAV (F-Secure Ultralight AV) this engine comes as "optionally"-thing. Firstly -  disabled after installation.

But you able to enable it (called as specific feature) and download all latest databases also. With "next" disable-action for feature (if you decided to do this) - will be removed this database (and core/engine);

With F-Secure ULAV it will be as engine for "offline/not nice network connection"-situation; because main design of F-Secure ULAV is online-based things (with F-Secure engines and Security Cloud).

Probably (how I can to think) this core/engine same with stable F-Secure solutions. I will try to re-check it later (maybe there will be already response by other users or by F-Secure people). On current time.... I have just installation of F-Secure ULAV, where this core disabled and updating not comes. :)

Aspirant

Hello, Thank you for informatsiyu.Vy doing a great thing.

Superuser

Hello,

But I also just F-Secure user (and with experience about using F-Secure Ultralight AV). So.. this is just my suggestion and for totally official response there required response by F-Secure ULAV team (maybe can be there).

Aspirant

Good man!

Superuser

Hello,

Re-check it recently and yes.. there is same build for Aquarius-core between FS Protection/F-Secure SAFE and F-Secure Ultralight AV (which time to time updated/upgraded for probably some fix-points, but with stable build). Maybe can be changes around "optimisation" points for F-Secure ULAV or something else.

I also (not sure... already.. maybe it was before too) get that there comes changes about "clean"-design.

Previously F-Secure ULAV just informed about "infections under system" (or like block-action).

On current days.. there comes "Disinfect"-feature for current prompt/detections.

But.. with current design - how I can to understand... there can be same trouble (which can be with F-Secure SAFE/FS Protection)... about POTENTIAL situation (?!) when we goes to restart system (when IN SOMEWHAT reason... still happened cleaning/removal action).

Normally sounds like this:

Spoiler
Restarting (or turning off) the computer during malware removal may cause the next computer startups to fail.
While Antivirus is removing malware, the user can continue using the computer, but the computer must not be restarted (or turned off) during malware removal. Doing so may put the system into a bad state and the computer may fail to start. It may require repairing the system by reverting to a saved restore point, or possibly reinstalling the OS.

So... I get this today with F-Secure ULAV (as additional to my experience about F-Secure SAFE and FS Protection with this) by the steps.... "Disinfect-button" --> prompt for restart - some seconds/check UI --> restart from UI.

Stuck for system load.

But there also was some of applications (working) under "background"... so maybe there was a reason for trouble (or stuck for scanning/removal/cleaning).

Also.. how I can to understand.. if Advanced Local Scanning enabled.. so... this is will be main engine (and online-design dropped). Such as.. there is not like "switching between" (and mainly online, but if there offline/or troubles with network - goes be advanced local scanning at work). Or maybe my network connection indeed not nice (how I think in fact).

Sorry for reply.