ULAV fresh news(Banking Protection)

F-Secure

Re: ULAV fresh news(Banking Protection)

@etomcat

Yep, this is pretty much the case. Most of us have been on vacation at various times during the last two months. I just got back this morning, myself.

Ultralight AV beta is a project our small team are working on, in addition to supporting all of F-Secure's other AV products. Often, requests and fixes for those paid products come in and require our time. As you can imagine, those requests are typically a lot more important for our business than this beta, and hence take priority. As a reminder, the Ultralight AV beta program is being used currently for technology validation. We work on it when we can (and as much as we can).

Saying that, we do have a 32-bit version in the works (as I might have already mentioned) that we're close to being able to release. I'll fire another message onto these forums when that's available. I hope we can get that to you in the next few weeks.

Thanks so much for all your feedback to date and for your continued patience!

--andy

Superuser

welcome back to whole team :) I hope you enjoyed your holydays, btw from when do you consider to be in "winter" ?

friendly yours

Aspirant

Is there a document or site that elaborates more on this?

What benefits is this adding that isn't already mitigated by SSL communications? Is this a temporary VPN session thing? Are there "other" things going on?

Patron

Waiting for the 32 version release

Patron

Another thing is the feed bcak function in the GUI: I don't have just web mail and have not yet figured how get to that with the feedback which tries to open WIndows mail, but does not give the mail address.

Superuser

What I dream of: ULAV resizable, less transparency, integration of Freedome, all this would be called: F-Secure protection power pack...

BTW still running fine on any W10 preview, currently 10547., any new news about next rls ?

Superuser

seems to be in deep sleep... catatonic ?

had to leave.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi yeoldfart, 

Sorry for the long radio silence.

I'll try to get more information for our community.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
mif
Novice

Когда будет хорошая новость? Он Пусть деревья расцвели! Христос воскрес !
Supporter

I really like the Banking Protection.  It gives me piece of mind so I can pay my bills online without as much worry.  But, I have a couple questions.  First do we still have to wait 30-60 seconds when we use the Banking Protection on one site, to switching to using it on another site? 

I had a problem(well not really a problem) but many months ago when I would pay a bill & the Banking Protection activated fine.  But when I finished & closed it out.  I had to wait 30-60 seconds before I could use the Banking Protection(for it to activate again) on another site to pay another bill.

Also i had asked for a couple of my bill payment sites to be added to the Banking Protection and they told me only Banking sites where allowed.  I dont understand that because I still use my banking info on those other bill payment sites to pay my bills. I don't use my banking site to pay the bills since they don't have that option yet.  But I use my banking info on the bill payments sites, so it should still be protected.  So I would think those sites should be included too., don't you?  After all its still supposed to be protecting my banking(or really any sensitive/money) info, correct?

I think I had a small glitch with the Banking Protection a while ago.  It only happened for I think about a day, the banking protection would activate on regular sites, like if I searched for something on Google, it activated a couple times.  Then again on several other non-banking/sensitive info sites.  But when I wanted it to activate(when paying a bill) it wouldn't activate.  But that only lasted maybe a day or so then it was fine again.  I believe I reported it when it happened.

But that gets me thinking, it might be nice to add a feature that we ourselves could activate the Banking protection(if by chance it doesn't activate by itself) & to be able to use it for shopping sites too where we're entering our banking or credit card/sensitive info. when buying things online.  & to use for things like PayPal too.