Time Limits! Sheesh!

I turned on the Time Limits option, and boy, was I susprised!!! I got told, me, 70 plus years old, that I'd exceeded my time limit and can't surf the Internet!

Well, you can be sure I turned that silly thing off real quick!

Yes, it's good for those who have kids, but I'm the only user on this computer; in fact, there aren't any kids in the house!

Sheesh . . . I'm still in shock. :)

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

I wonder who defined the timelimits for you? Must be someone who knows that you keep sitting in front of you System all night while others are already in bed. Smiley Wink

• StarFerret
    StarFerret Posts: 17 Observer

I just turned time limits on in order to answer the survey intelligently. Sooooooo, musta been the default setting. Smiley Tongue

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Then it obviously summed up your online-lifetime and found out that you tampered with your ID-card to get pension earlier...

No,

FSIS is checking online times using independent servers in the Internet to avoid tampering. If your systemclock gets changed/fixed by windows F-Secure's counter might suddenly think that a long time has passed.

Hard to say...

check your BIOS-Clock and your Windows Clock for correct settings and timezones, then try to repro. If you still get the effect, then create a fsdiag and submit a support request as advised in the beta testers instructions.

HTH

• keiooz
    keiooz Posts: 32 Observer

Regarding this time limit function. What does it actually do anyway? Does it help you with anything?

This discussion has been closed.