TP 99.5 Virus Definition Not Updated?

Advocate

Re: TP 99.5 Virus Definition Not Updated?

A comparison as I don't have the Beta. Name of latest update for date 09:

Aquarius _03

Hydra _02

Note: The info on dbtracker is incorrect. You need to click on the links to Aquarius and Hydra to see the latest updates.

Scholar

Can someone from the Beta team look into this please? I have no Aquarious updates in 2 days.

Superuser

I have reported this to the beta team, but haven't had a response to this latest issue yet.

Fuzz, have you tried manually updating from the link Tomi posted the other day? That is supposed to be updated with latests definitions.

This is not an acceptable situation, though. I realise there is a risk to beta testing, but this appears to be an issue with the update server, not the product itself, and we shouldn't be left vulnerable like this.
Former F-Secure Employee

The aquarius update that should currently be in the channel should be 2013-12-08_02. Please do note that the dbtracker is not in sync with the Beta update channel, but it displays the updates currently in the production channel.

There should be a new aquarius update still during today.

Scholar

OK. Thanks for the reply. So the update tracker is not used for the Beta testers,this is good to know. Are we still protected with the latest virus definitions?

Superuser

OK, thanks for the info, Tomi. So, does that mean that beta testers are ahead or behind 'normal' users in terms of updates?
Superuser

Sorry, didn't see Fuzz's reply before posting mine. :)
Former F-Secure Employee

Beta users are also protected by the latest virus definitions. Just the release cycle is not mirrored on the production channel and therefore the dbtracker is not always reflecting the current definition version in the beta channels. Also keep in mind that you are always protected also by the Deepguard and its heuristics.

Superuser

Thanks Tomi, and apologies for my assumption of it being a server issue.
Scholar

Apologies here also. We cannot be expected to know all about what goes on at F-Secure so we can only do what we can to make the program better. Thanks to everyone who showed interest in this post. Guess we all learned something.Smiley Happy