Some issues with real time scan

Turning on teal time scanned messes up movies in both vlc and windows media player, both on and off an hdmi connection, the movies will go slow and start to skip after about five to ten minutes then lose audio right after. Also it started to randomly freeze the computer, I've never had any issues of the sortin the past.

Tested on a Hp G60 labtop:
Windows vista basic x64
Intel Pentium T4200 2.0GHz
4gb ddr2 ram

Comments

• s4u
    s4u Posts: 7

Any other security installed?

• govermint
    govermint Posts: 5

F-Secure automatically uninstalls any other security you have, you must know this having installed it yourself. lol

• s4u
    s4u Posts: 7

After installation you can install security software yourself. Besides that It leaves Prevx for example.

We do uninstall them for a reason. Two security product drivers that compete for the same resources in the kernel is not a situation you want to get into. Smiley Tongue

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• govermint

Yeah its very bad to have them competing, and especially for beta testing, thats just foolish. In my honest opinion I really just think its a issue with the real time and memory usage or trying to repeatedly scan the movie over and over because its active, who knows.

You could try if turning DeepGuard / Advanced Process Monitoring off has any effect on your problems.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• govermint

Tried it and it still doesn't solve the problem.

This discussion has been closed.