Password for Browsing Protection of FS Protection

Options

Hello, I need to set a password to protect parental control (blocking content or Browsing protection in general).
I do not want to create additional restricted accounts.

When FSP blocked some adult site - the child can put exception alone without limitations...

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Options
    I don't believe you can. F-Secure's Parental Control links in with Windows accounts, so the only real way to make them effective is to also have restricted Windows user accounts.
    Options

Hi

Child must have a restricted account for parental control to work. If child has administrator rights, they can bypass the parental control in many easy ways:

• Uninstall software
    • Stop services
    • Kill processes

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• minjora
    Options

This not a solution for me. I do not wont to set restricted account.

I wont a master password to protect the entire program, like others companies.

(Kaspersky, Norton, and Forticlient 5 Free for example)...

Without pass child can't uninstal the program, and can't stop services and kill processes...

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Options

But also here can be.... situation (with password for Browsing Protection or FS Protection as full software), when kids just goes to use alternative browser (not supported by F-Secure or any other companies too) or another kind of browsers/steps - which able to do with account (as administrator-rights).

• minjora
    Options

OK, in this moment i still use FS Protection, but with Open DNS Parental control.

This discussion has been closed.