NEW BIG THING COMING – FAMILY RULES

F-Secure

Re: NEW BIG THING COMING – FAMILY RULES

@Simon

To answer how this is different from old Parental Control. In PC, not at all. What was changed is that you can set up multiple devices / Windows accounts and link them to same profile in FS Protection portal. Then you can remotely in one place set or change the restrictions and they apply to all devices / Windows accounts that are tied to that profile. It just making managing the rules easier from a central location, so that you don't necessarily need to be physically near the device.

Patron

It certainly came through without problems.Family_rules.JPG

and you can easily go to set up if you want to. I am one of those, too, who does not need that. There are no kids in the house hold.

So where is the No, I do not want - button?

Neither Set up or Later will do that.

If I check Don't show this again and click Set up now is not going to do that I think.

I should expect to get this screen only if you have not set it up anyway.

If I check Don't show this again and click Later should be the work around.

It would be clearer to have a third button saying No thanks, I do not want it.

F-Secure

Hi @martink

If you select "Don't show this again", the "Later" button should turn to "Close" button. Then you can close it from there and it should not show it again. However, the version you have was finished 4 weeks ago and it had some bugs, so the "Don't show again" might not work. In the next TP release version it will work for sure.

In any case, I will give your feedback to our usability experts.

(F-Secure R&D)

Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. Just interesting.

Spoiler

Does this "Family Rules" feature will be extended?

(I mean not like improve quality of current design and  support for usage-limits)

Or maybe another additional features with "related" design... but mainly I mean something of my "dreams" about "allow/deny URL-lists", which will be possible set up for "one profile" and use it with some of accounts/machines/systems. Where will be not required to do this for each machine/system/account.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Patron

Family_rules_02.JPG

as you said Ville.