Many sites block by FS+protection

Superuser

Re: Many sites block by FS+protection

Hello,

I think, yes.

But just as additional meanings (for first):

--> If you want to check which build installed:

you able to use next steps: right-click for tray-picture (FS Protection) and choose 'About' (there will be something as "fs protection 17.0" and than strings like "Common Component Framework 2.90 build 182"); If you have such string - it mean that your experience about TP190 (2.90 -> TP190); if something other... so 2.87 is TP187 (as example);

or you able to use 'About' from Main UI (where will be modules AV and Online Safety with related strings about build number, which should be for current TP-build);

--> what about button 'My FS Protection' (maybe I already forget how it was with previous TPs):

I not sure - which one button there you mean; Previously it was available from right-click tray -menu (top string) or from left-panel of Main UI  as string (after 'Tools'-tab probably and near 'Beta feedback'-string);

With my experience and TP190 - 'button My FS Protection' still available from right-click tray menu; And also from Main UI as 'login'-button under next tab after "Tools" (Instruments); but not as button under Tools(instruments?)-tab;

But it does not matter probably;

--> Because with my experience there normally opened My FS Protection Portal.

And if you get ""502 Bad Gateway, nginx"" - there is trouble/mistake or something temporarily with troublepoint. I have small experience (not often) with related mistake when trying to use My FS Protection Portal (but not so often; and usually around 'not common' steps);

Most likely if you able to repeat it - good to create fsdiag (by F-Secure Support Tool) and ticket-report under beta-portal;

Sorry for my reply and suggestions. Smiley Sad

Thanks!

Aspirant

Re: Many sites block by FS protection

* The "Allow Web Site" option exists. But this option did not work before and does not work now!

** Blocking of absolutely safe sites continues.
Changing the firewall settings does not always help.

So, still it absolutely needs to disable FS protection beta to restore communications!!

Superuser

Re: Many sites block by FS protection

@F-secure13 wrote:

* The "Allow Web Site" option exists. But this option did not work before and does not work now!

** Blocking of absolutely safe sites continues.
Changing the firewall settings does not always help.

So, still it absolutely needs to disable FS protection beta to restore communications!!

Hello,

Sorry for my reply and my ask.

Do you able to re-check some points?

--> For me 'Allow Web Site' not work with current TP-builds with next situations:

- briefly after upgrade for TP-build (before restart system);

- after internal crash (?!) for some of FS Protection processes, which trigger 'reload' tray-picture (as visible indicator of such situation);

With any of such situations - can be helpful restart system.

Do you able to re-check with steps like: restart system -> trying to access blocked-page -> trying to allow such page;  Button should work.

If this not work anyway - as workaround - you able to open FS Protection Main UI -> Tools -> List of allow/deny websites (allow/deny websites) -> add blocked-page-url to allow-list; Re-check if page will be allowed with next access try;

--> About 'blocking safe sites' - do you able to provide this URLs (just for re-check  - if it also blocked with other systems/users and with my experience)?

===========

With any meanings - most likely useful to create ticket under beta-portal with attached fsdiag.

Also maybe your situation about something else (and was not related with 'known' troubles) - and buttons or other did not work (or wrongly work) based on another troubles.

===========

Good if you will be back with feedback about my suggestions.

Thanks.