Fresh Installation /Firewall Mangment

Hello community,

I did a new "FS Protection" installation yesterday because despite most of my previous issues being addressed, im still unable to access or manage windows firewall through my FS Protection interface/UI. When I click Windows Firewall through the UI, nothing happens. This may be a malware related problem.

Also when reinstalling FS Protection - it came with a Holloween Theme! Is there anyway I could please get back to the normal F-secure theme?? Im sorry I dont like it at all. I love the protection Fsecure provides.

Is there anyway I could please get back to the normal F-secure theme??

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

Im sorry I dont like it at all. I love the protection Fsecure provides.
    Is there anyway I could please get back to the normal F-secure theme??

Since with this time - there a certain "remark" and naming for "theme" - maybe something is possible to do officially. Good to receive response from F-Secure about it. Because what if it is possible to change "themes" on the fly.

Otherwise - there can be a temporary workaround (at least, if your are administrator of device).

Probably a little be tricky way and I will try to suggest it via private letter.

im still unable to access or manage windows firewall through my FS Protection interface/UI

Did you try this suggestion? Such a try was not helpful? If so - strange situation indeed (and maybe encountered bug).

Thanks!

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

The Halloween theme will only be temporary.  Personally, even if I didn't like it, I don't look at it enough to be bothered by it in the short term.

As for the Firewall issue, this is just a thought, and it's probably irrelevant, as most of my thoughts are, but have you checked that Windows firewall is actually switched on, and is the default system firewall?  Would you have had any other firewall installed at any time?

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

I guess these seasonal themes are mainly funny ways of testing how customizable the current user interface implementation is. It's mostly harmless for us as beta testers as these are no long-term things and brings some real value out of the beta program to F-Secure. 

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

@nanonyme wrote:

I guess these seasonal themes are mainly funny ways of testing how customizable the current user interface implementation is. It's mostly harmless for us as beta testers as these are no long-term things and brings some real value out of the beta program to F-Secure. 

Indeed, but if they can knock out seasonal themes, basically for fun, then perhaps it's fair to question why the reluctance to create a dark theme for the product, which people have actually asked for.  🤔 

Hi @bwilliams 

Please create a bug report about the Windows Firewall issue and we can then debug it (we may need to ask for more information throught the ticket). Bug reports are done at https://beta.f-secure.com/.

As for the Halloween theme - this is a beta product and we test product customizability with these seasonal themes. It's also a fun activity for the team a couple of times a year to figure out what kind of customization to do. It will be back to normal soon. If you absolutely need to have F-Secure branded client, then you must use the released product.

As for changing themes by user (as suggested by others), it's much trickier to do and currently we have no plans to enable it.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

This discussion has been closed.