Freedome problems conneting with WiFi and Mokkula

I am using both beta and the Licensed version.

How is the connection supposed to work?

I've set Freedome to start when the computer starts.

When I start the computer  many times Freedome starts establishing the connection and keeps on and on.

While it is doing that the PC cannot connect to the (hotel) WiFi or my mokkula.

If Freedome is already on I cannot switch it off whilenybody else it is trying to establish the connection.

What I can do is change the setting Freedome not to start when the computer starts and reboot.

Just did it.

Some times it is the opposite: I start my PC (another PC) and Freedome is set Off. It won't make the connection to WiFi until I turn Freedome on. Then it goes OK.

No such problems when I am non LAN connection.

Too random yet to saz what the pattern is. As said I use both beta and the licensed product.

Anybody else similar connection problems?

Comments

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

I am using both beta and the Licensed version on Win 8.1 64 and 32 bit.

How is the connection supposed to work?

I've set Freedome to start when the computer starts.

When I start the computer  many times Freedome starts establishing the connection and keeps on and on.

While it is doing that the PC cannot connect to the (hotel) WiFi or my mokkula.

If Freedome is already on I cannot switch it off whilenybody else it is trying to establish the connection.

What I can do is change the setting Freedome not to start when the computer starts and reboot.

Just did it.

Some times it is the opposite: I start my PC (another PC) and Freedome is set Off. It won't make the connection to WiFi until I turn Freedome on. Then it goes OK.

No such problems when I am non LAN connection.

Too random yet to saz what the pattern is. As said I use both beta and the licensed product.

Anybody else similar connection problems?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Martink,

Do you have the same behavior on both Beta and latest production version?

Could give more information on that part:"I cannot switch it off whilenybody else it is trying to establish the connection"

Where are other establishing connection to? Who is "anybody else"?

From this part "It won't make the connection to WiFi until I turn Freedome on. ", it seems that you have issues even when Freedome is off. Could it be that there actually are some restrictions on the networks you try to connect to.

Please provide screenshots of the errors you encounter so that we can better understand the issues you are facing.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Martink,

Thank you for the update.

Did you already tried disabling the Hybrid shut-down to see if the issues with Freedome persist?

• martink

Not reallz, because what restart does is more close to shutdown than hybrid.

Secondlz on my Win 7 laptop where there is no hybrid shutdown I don't recal this problem.

Only with my Win 8.1 PC's

Therefore I mark mz reasoning aboe as the correct accepted answer.

That is the normal way Freedome behaves and is expected to behave (oither than not being able to stop the connecting attempt)

• martink

One of the causes turned out to be completely non Freedome related:

When I am connected to a WiFi and do Hybrid shut down and the startthe PC again in a different WiFi canät  get connected until I am connected to the  WiFiavailalbe.

This discussion has been closed.