Family rules management in-app

Hey,

I have the latest app version (17.6.9014342 FS_PROT) on Android, and the family rules section just gives me the link to My FS Protection website. When I go to the website, there's no place where I can change the family rules. Am I missing something? Also, should the rules be adjustable in-app? (Behind a password or something)

Off-topic: Is there a non-public way to give feedback for FS Protection Beta other than forums? Other than bug reports, which are given through the beta portal.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

You can give general feedback in a bug report.

Sorry, can't help with the other thing. 

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

I have the latest app version (17.6.9014342 FS_PROT) on Android

Just as sidenote: there was one more small update, probably. But, maybe, it is not applied to anything around "family rules" functionality.

and the family rules section just gives me the link to My FS Protection website.

Maybe good to know more information. For example, is your device / installation already about kids profile for application or is it main account in use?

In general, if your installation is pinned to main account (adult). Then, there (Family Rules tab) should be description about requirement for switch account to "kids profile" and ability to use "My FS Protection" website for that.

WIth my experience - after login to website - there is a configuration page for "who should to use this device" (adult / kids profile). During configuration - there further options to choose time limits, App control settings.

If device is already about "kids profile" - then to change / modify rules is only possible via My FS Protection portal. By using your credentials (unknown for kids).

My FS Protection portal should be with list for active devices / installations and kids profiles. When you choose any (where Family Rules functionality is applied)  - there should be visible "Family Rules" button. Then, possible to tweak settings.

Off-topic: Is there a non-public way to give feedback for FS Protection Beta other than forums? Other than bug reports, which are given through the beta portal.

Maybe there is such an ability for certain platform (Android?! as example), where supposed to be option for diagnostic logs or built-in feedback. 

But if it is about all platforms (or, anyway, even for Android) - as it was suggested by another reply - maybe beta portal is good choice too. Although, I am not sure that it is clearly welcomed.

In fact, I think that most of my "reports" are feedback. Smiley Sad  Smiley Sad

Sorry for my English!

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.