FS Protection for Mac build 16272 released

pajp
pajp Posts: 107 F-Secure Employee
We are pleased to announce a new release of the FS Protection for Mac. This update is now available for download from My FS Protection, and delivery to existing installations starts today.

NOTE: this version requires macOS 10.11 or higher. Users on earlier macOS versions will not receive an upgrade notification and will need to upgrade to a later version of macOS to install this version. 

Changes include: 
- Support for Firefox 57
- Improved kernel extension installation guidance for first-time installations on High Sierra
- Various usability and localization improvements

If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url

As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com

Best Regards,
FS Protection Mac team ❄️🌪

Rasmus Sten

F-Secure Technology, Mac Team

Comments

• RudeDog
    RudeDog Posts: 1 New Member

Where can I download this extension as my f-secure is not updating to the latest version (Firefox shows Browsing Protection 1.0.856 Legacy Disabled)

• pajp
    pajp Posts: 107 F-Secure Employee

Hi,

The product should notify you through the macOS Notification Center that you need to install a new Firefox extension. If not, you can go to the product preferences, select the "Browsing protection" tab and click "Install browser extension" and the product should ask Firefox to install the extension (which you will have to approve in Firefox). If this doesn't work, let me know and we can troubleshoot further.

Rasmus Sten

F-Secure Technology, Mac Team

This discussion has been closed.