FS Protection for Android, cannot take App Control in use

Aspirant

Re: FS Protection for Android, cannot log in to My FS Protection

I don't think there is a possibility for injection even though it looks like the '#' character ends up (non-url encoded?) in the portal URL. On desktop and when accessing My FS Protection later the URL is anyway user modifiable in the browser address bar...
Superuser

Hello,

There is funny situation (workaround) with my device:

->> Restart device;

->> Open FS Protection;

->> Try to switch user-profile and it is allowed.

Meanings: I re-change device name under "Bluetooth"-devicename option (it is only available option; except Wi-Fi direct) to contain "#". And it was possible to repeat noted trouble with "invalid_redirect_url: redirect_url not provided" (during try to switch profile;login to account).

So, then I perform noted steps and found that it was possible to use Login page (built-in webview/browser) and switch profile/configure things. I thought that maybe trouble is fixed already and check that devicename still with "#".

I opened System Settings; Turn on "Bluetooth"; Choose option "change device name" -> it was still with "# -> Turn off "Bluetooth"; Back to FS Protection and re-try to login/switch profile; 'invalid_redirect_url: redirect_url not provided' comes back.

After restart device -> all good; and possible to use such workaround until I re-check that devicename still with "#" under Bluetooth settings. :)

Not sure -> that it was workaround for your device (also, one-time there was freeze stuck). AND maybe your device with proper options to name device (not as part of Bluetooth; or Wi-Fi direct devicenames). And my experience about potential state when device got the devicename from Bluetooth during activation. Because if I did restart with enabled Bluetooth -> trouble still there. So, with my device -> enabled Bluetooth overwrite (?) devicename to bluetooth-devicename.

Sorry for not critical feedback (not sure that there is reasons for place it -> since rename device is more common workaround). Smiley Sad

Thanks!

I would claim the main issue here is complete lack of a useful error message and not guiding the user how to fix things rather than the reason the character is blocked

Superuser

@nanonyme wrote:

I would claim the main issue here is complete lack of a useful error message and not guiding the user how to fix things rather than the reason the character is blocked

Probably, yes.

Even I feel that such words like "url is not provided" was useful (at least, clear that ?! URL is broken). But it is not clear what to do then; and what is it and what was not provided. And maybe it is based on too much internal exception (and not supposed to be visible with common design); also, generic (since possible to get it with different steps).

But I like how it done with My FS Protection portal -> ?! maybe with all unexpected situations or some broken things (at least, which I got) -> it was always with certain description, view and certain 'hash' for contacting support.

Also, not clear about 'guide'. For example, "...url is not provided....; try later" is not enough maybe :).

I today got stuck with such situation: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SENSE/Error-0x000007b-when-installing/td-p/103336

and still with tries to find?! potential workaround for installing any of home F-Secure solutions (AV/IS/SAFE).  Such system (?!) prompt also not really clear. 

AND... sorry for my reply. Smiley Sad

Thanks!