FS Protection for Android, cannot take App Control in use

Aspirant

FS Protection for Android, cannot take App Control in use

Tried to set up App control on my sons phone (Huawei Honor 7 lite) but attempt to log in to My FS Protection fails. Not even login screen is shown, just error string:

invalid_redirect_url: redirect_url not provided

signal-2018-01-04-135525.png

Tried to empty app cache, even uninstalled and reinstalled FS Protection but the problem persists. We have another similar phone with same version of FS Protection installed  and there everything works just fine. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: FS Protection for Android, cannot log in to My FS Protection

So F-Secure found the root cause: if there is a '#' in the device name, loading the login screen will fail. My son's device name was '##lol##' Smiley Very Happy

Renaming the device in device settings fixed the problem. 

13 REPLIES 13
Superuser

I don't use the mobile app myself, so this is just a guess, but is the same browser being used on both phones?  If not, maybe try the browser on the phone where it does work, on the one with the problem?

Aspirant

Both phones have similar configuration. Also, the login screen is embedded inside FS Protection app so the browser should not affect it in any way. 

Superuser

Hello,

I maybe received (during some tries to configure Application control) something with such view with FS Protection for Android; But I tried to repeat it with potential steps which I was able to suspect and trouble is not repeated;  I did not try exact try to configure application control - but only to use built-in webview(?!).

But I able to suspect that possible to create report on beta-portal. Also, if it is indeed possible with one device and not possible  with another device (where steps are 'certain ones').

For example, I also received such response with F-Secure Freedome for Windows (also as part of built-in app browser):

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Does-Freedome-have-limitation/td-p/95178

It was with tries to handle 'transfer licences' (but do not transfer and back to previous screen). Where, most likely, internal path goes be broken.

Sorry for my reply.

Thanks!

Aspirant

This happens consistently on my sons phone. And since I reinstalled FS Protection, the phone is now without protection (because cannot perform the initial login to My FS Protection in order to set up protection).

Smiley Sad

Superuser

@kimto wrote:

This happens consistently on my sons phone. And since I reinstalled FS Protection, the phone is now without protection (because cannot perform the initial login to My FS Protection in order to set up protection).Smiley Sad

Hello,

At least, I was able to reproduce (just 'to get'):

""invalid_redirect_url: redirect_url not provided""

with my own tries.

It was about try to set up (switch profile in fact) 'invited' account (it is not possible to do -> and 'invitied' account ?! only can be as main profile installation).

With steps like:

->> instaled application: switch profile (choose account credentials);

->> receive information that not possible to configure Parental Control with this (such) profile. And good to choose another one;

There is "Enter" button (most likely -> link to My FS Protection portal);

->> IF I DID USE this button many 'taps' per small timeframe. Like choose it -> choose it -> choose it ... result will be:

"invalid_redirect_url: redirect_url not provided"

If I did choose it only one time and then after seconds (tens or so) -> will be login form.

Thanks!

Sounds suspicious. Have you reported a bug on beta.f-secure.com already?

Aspirant

@nanonyme wrote:

Sounds suspicious. Have you reported a bug on beta.f-secure.com already?

Yeah, I have reported this. 

Aspirant

So F-Secure found the root cause: if there is a '#' in the device name, loading the login screen will fail. My son's device name was '##lol##' Smiley Very Happy

Superuser

kimto wrote:

Cool! even device with name "@$%^*-+()!"':;/?,~|{}\<>_=}™®" will not break anything (even I'm not sure that it is a device name; but, at least, device name from Bluetooth settings).

As it was stated with one of previous replies - Sounds suspicious.

Since "#" sounds as potential comments-character (and logical that all other strings ?! commented). Kind of injection. Or not visible any other reasons for such situation (but it should not be injection). :)