FS Protection PC Release 215

Re: FS Protection PC Release 215

@Lord_Ami wrote:

There seems to be serious memory leak. See my 

Happens when I start uploading large files to Jottacloud. Memory usage is going up till 95% (I got 12GB of RAM) and uploading fails. With FS Protection disabled, everything is fine.

Hey,

out of curiosity, how large is large in this case? What kind of file format are we talking about? Does this upload work through browser (and as such possibly subject to the browser plugin) or is this a native application?

Champion

It's about 2GB file. I have not specifically tested with e.g 100MB, 500MB and 1GB files to see where this behavior is triggered.

I'm using Jottacloud native program for Windows. Same setup as I've always used, just FS is updated in between.

I'm pretty confident it's either FS issue or some conflict with other app. Since I've also included fsdiag.zip, I hope to hear back from devs privately :)

Superuser

Hello,

I am also using Jottacloud with some systems.. but funny to write -> practically do not upload anything. :)

Does your experience with memory usage is by Jottacloud process?

Recently, I received 'stuck' (?) with fshoster and its stable drive-usage for something (unusual, uncommon) stable and some hours until restart (it was CPU and drive-usage). I suspect 'clean'-process which was before such stuck (detected item at "drive:\malicious_item.extension"); But I did not repeat it manually later.

Superuser

updated my rig to W10 april: F-S as fine as before

F-Secure

Hello beta testers,

We are working on some bigger changes for the installer at the moment, so there will not be any beta releases before June.

(F-Secure R&D)

Champion

Hello!

Any news regarding new beta :)?

Superuser

our friend wrote "not be any beta releases before June" without precising the year  Smiley Tongue

... sorry for the bad joke, I could not resist the temptation.

More seriously we are in june and still have one and a half week before june 30th.

Superuser

I smell the fresh TP (or is it something else? Smiley Indifferent)

F-Secure

Hello @Lord_Ami @yeoldfart @Ukko

Thank you for the interest. We have been working hard to stabilize all the new systems related to the changes (client and backend) but currently it's not ready and it will not happen during this week. We will still try to release it next week, but after that the vacation period starts and we lose the window of release. So.. we are close but it's hard to say if we will make it in June.

(If we don't make it, I will use @yeoldfart's response as my defense Smiley Happy)

(F-Secure R&D)