FS Protection PC Release 213

Superuser

Re: FS Protection PC Release 213

Sorry for over-the-reply.

One more feedback (quite logical.... but):

for getting Toasts with Windows 10, at least, should be 'enabled' option for "Windows Settings >> System >> Notifications & actions >> :Notifications: Get notifications from apps and other senders: ON".

With one certain system (entire clean installation and tweaking settings) "OFF"-state of this option was a reason for 'invisible' toasts while all things are captured.

I'm not sure that it is can be a reason for one another my system - but I will try to re-check it later.

@Ukkowrote:

Sorry for over-the-reply.

One more feedback (quite logical.... but):

for getting Toasts with Windows 10, at least, should be 'enabled' option for "Windows Settings >> System >> Notifications & actions >> :Notifications: Get notifications from apps and other senders: ON".

With one certain system (entire clean installation and tweaking settings) "OFF"-state of this option was a reason for 'invisible' toasts while all things are captured.

I'm not sure that it is can be a reason for one another my system - but I will try to re-check it later.

Hey,

It might sense to leave some of those systems where you're not setting Toasts with in that state until there's further comments from F-Secure on this in case they want to fix the problem with a further upgrade

F-Secure

Hi,

I think we have quite good understanding what is causing the toasts to not work after upgrade. We are working on a fix that will be in next TP release. Toasts should always work after clean installation.

(F-Secure R&D)

Highlighted
Superuser

Hello Ukko Smiley Wink congrats for your solution: it works as you say.

Superuser

@nanonymewrote:

Hey,

It might sense to leave some of those systems where you're not setting Toasts with in that state until there's further comments from F-Secure on this in case they want to fix the problem with a further upgrade

Hello,

Yes, there is one laptop with multiple user accounts (where I did not check yet - what if some of user accounts with 'OFF'-state for noted system option). 

There I did not clean installation or reinstallation. While with another systems -> there are already clean installations and toasts are visible (with related system option is 'ON'; or from first where it was with 'ON'-state).

And I created potential fsdiag; but based on further reply -> it is something as potentially 'known' (so, even if one my system was with practically another 'view' than current system - maybe it was not something too much local and is not pinned to only my systems anyway).

Also, I did not create any reports on subject (for except this topic's discussion). Rely on 'fresh' feature of collect product improvement data. :) :)

Thanks!

Superuser

I have a different experience: toast worked fine on clean install after enabling it in the windows parms, the bad side: bank protection does not kick in: the controversialBP status bar is nowhere to be seen: feedback ticket created.

Superuser

issue solved by beta feedback answer as follows

lose all web browsers
- Open fs protection UI
- From Antivirus tab, open Settings
- Select "Browser extensions" tab, click "Reinstall extensions". If you are using also Chrome, do also the Chrome Web Store steps shown in same tab.
- Open you web browser and navigate to Add-ons/Extensions settings. Make sure that Browsing Protection extension is installed and enabled.
- Restart browser and check if banking protection is now working.

works perfectly now, thanks Jouni