cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS Protection PC Release 199

F-Secure

FS Protection PC Release 199

This release contains following applications that combined make the FS Protection PC product:

  • Common Component Framework 2.99.174
  •  Antivirus 17.199.108
  •  Browsing protection 2.199.6780

Fixed issues:

Common:

  • About-window's scroll bar has unintended context menu (SAFE_BUG-01908, CTS-99840)
  • Installation to multibyte language Windows (Chinese, Japanese) fails (SAFE_BUG-01900, CTS-99831)

Antivirus:

  • Wrong symbol can be shown for Tools expansion & collapse (CTS-99640)
  • Restarting hoster many times in quick session fails (CTS-99648)

Browsing protection:

  • Firefox extension not working with Frontmotion 52 (ok with Firefox 55) (CTS-99828)

  • Firefox triggers banking session during Google search (CTS-99496)

  • Time limits blockpage gets minimized when receiving reboot dialog (CTS-99797)

  • Banking protection flyer not shown on non-100% scaling (CTS-99827)

  • Conflicting info about content blocking status when all categories allowed (CTS-99470)

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
F-Secure

Re: FS Protection PC Release 199

These are the known issues we have noticed and will be fixed later:

 

  • Main UI might fail to open:
    main UI might fail to open with Windows 7 when 16-bit colors and >= 200% scaling level is set.
    Due to user interface rendering framework update (Qt 5.9).
  • It may happen, that Browsing protection does not allow blocked page (CTS-99871)

br,

Tuula

Superuser

Re: FS Protection PC Release 199

All seems fine here, on both Windows 7 and 10.  Had to restart the Windows 7 machine (not unusual), but not Win 10.

F-Secure

Re: FS Protection PC Release 199


@Simon wrote:

All seems fine here, on both Windows 7 and 10.  Had to restart the Windows 7 machine (not unusual), but not Win 10.


Please create case in Centercode about Windows 7 reboot.

Superuser

Re: FS Protection PC Release 199

This happens nearly every time, and it has already been reported and investigated as a bug several times, with no real outcome.  It seems this is just an anomaly with my machine, and I feel it would be wasting the Devs and my own time to do it all again, but I will if you wish. 

F-Secure

Re: FS Protection PC Release 199


@Simon wrote:

This happens nearly every time, and it has already been reported and investigated as a bug several times, with no real outcome.  It seems this is just an anomaly with my machine, and I feel it would be wasting the Devs and my own time to do it all again, but I will if you wish. 


Please do as we had changes that could have caused this.

Champion

Re: FS Protection PC Release 199

For what it's worth, neither of my 2 W8.1 machines required restart (which I did nevertheless). All good so far.

Supporter

Re: FS Protection PC Release 199

Hello,
What about the features you guys promised?
like showing detections while scanning and also submitting samples to F-secure from the GUI?
What about this report? did you fix this hole?
Because I told about it to someone from f-secure but not even one answer after 25 daysSmiley Tongue
https://www.mrg-effitas.com/current-state-of-malicious-powershell-script-blocking/


I believe they need to take a look at this report!

Supporter

Re: FS Protection PC Release 199

I didn't want to talk about it In forum! But because I didn't receive anything in PV I think it's better to start talking about this report.

Superuser

Re: FS Protection PC Release 199


@betoche wrote:

Hello,
What about the features you guys promised?
like showing detections while scanning and also submitting samples to F-secure from the GUI?
What about this report? did you fix this hole?
Because I told about it to someone from f-secure but not even one answer after 25 daysSmiley Tongue
https://www.mrg-effitas.com/current-state-of-malicious-powershell-script-blocking/


I believe they need to take a look at this report!


Sorry for my unofficial reply;

 

By report - do you mean this one about potential attack with powershell script and certain tools?

There is topic about:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Staff-needed-F-Secure-failure/td-p/97518

Where was response from F-Secure (but I able to feel that answer concerned another topic with youtube-video; Even both of them about certain tool - which in somewhat reason F-Secure do not detect, but claimed as 'malware'. And other meanings with difference);

 

As my own feelings about such article (your URL): there is too much many steps which users have to do for proper 'troubleresult'; But, yes, this is only conception which can be with another view or steps;

But generally F-Secure do detect certain powershell-based malicious/harmful tries; This also valid for generic-detections; There is some of generic-detections (based on my experience);

Also this concerned not only powershell-things... because there is quite many other possibilities (more oldschool and pretty normal); Some of them was too much oldschool-tricks (as .hta) that I able to suspect more attention about it with recent days (since still powerful);

 

But.... always good to read official statement/investigation from F-Secure; Because - if they do not answer about some points (as report about potential attack)- maybe they are not sure about abilities to do something with this (or do not able properly re-check possibilities/meanings); And if so -> maybe they do have a lot of work for improve technologies/design (than publish response). :)

 

Thanks!