cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS Protection PC Release 173

F-Secure

FS Protection PC Release 173

This release contains following applications that combined make the FS Protection PC product:

• Common Component Framework 2.73.189
  • Antivirus 14.173.100
  • Browsing protection 2.173.4509
  • Safe Search 1.09.109

Fixed issues

Browsing Protection:

• Chrome 53 reports Browsing protection and SafeSearch extensions as "This extension may have been corrupted" (CTS-98117)
  • Block page button text color very close to button background color when mouse hovering over the text (CTS-98051)
14 REPLIES 14
Superuser

Re: FS Protection PC Release 173

still silk....

Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for release.

-----

Also can to add that with this upgrade... I also first time get "two" restart-prompts.

First at the time.. when upgrade comes (browser /Internet Explorer 11/ was opened; and I just re-connect my Ethernet-cable... which trigger downloading upgrades modules; also there was some kind of "suspended" stuck for downloading Windows updates) this created prompt, which called "notification" from "Common Component" (as "strongly recommendation to do restart").

This is before any upgrade-installations or other. FS Protection just "stopped" probably (missed from tray-menu and not triggered UI) and "happened" this prompt.

Second prompt.. was just about "updates there for two modules, but for proper result require restart".

This is after restart (load system) and installations for updates (under list for updates) was "not installed" (and ID not filled yet).

After restart.. all installed good.

Sorry for my reply.

Highlighted
Superuser

made clean install, no glitch

F-Secure

@Ukko wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for release.

-----

Also can to add that with this upgrade... I also first time get "two" restart-prompts.

First at the time.. when upgrade comes (browser /Internet Explorer 11/ was opened; and I just re-connect my Ethernet-cable... which trigger downloading upgrades modules; also there was some kind of "suspended" stuck for downloading Windows updates) this created prompt, which called "notification" from "Common Component" (as "strongly recommendation to do restart").

This is before any upgrade-installations or other. FS Protection just "stopped" probably (missed from tray-menu and not triggered UI) and "happened" this prompt.

Second prompt.. was just about "updates there for two modules, but for proper result require restart".

This is after restart (load system) and installations for updates (under list for updates) was "not installed" (and ID not filled yet).

After restart.. all installed good.

Sorry for my reply.

Hi C K,

that wasn't quite the result we had hoped for. Please do make a bug report with fsdiag.

br,

Tuula

Superuser

congrats Uko, you're lucky ! that's a bug ! I'm jealous Smiley LOL

Superuser

Hello,

Not sure.. that this is can be "bug" in fact. :)

I think maybe this is design-situation, but about "not common" steps/setting. And maybe based on system-trouble. And.. I also randomly found (some hours how).. that with my this installation was enabled compatibility mode of DeepGuard (?! probably I forget to uncheck this after some of check-tries, but not sure).... probably this is can not be connected with situation, but... as additional to another "potential strange points around potential reasons".

---

---

But what about "nice/good results"... so your "previous" reply was marked as "3000" under this community part (Home Security Beta Programs) :) I think this (your result-action) is indeed great-thing and certain-nice-hit, than something else.

Superuser

Hello,

And sorry for else one reply. Smiley Sad

I also found some changes with this TP release like:

--> FIRSTLY... about so called "extra animation on the main UI";

Spoiler

This re-designed.. I thought before. Just because with my main system there is missing "blaster-light" (an just active-circle). But also.. with this design... "active circle" do not missing at scan-action-time. Probably as it was before.

Basically.. what about "missing blaster-light" - I feel that when there is just "active-circle".. more nice (for me). But just because "active circle" under UI-status... do not missing at scan... as result.. there back more "usage" probably for UI resources (and some kind of more freeze-points) when launched Scan Wizard.

But with another system (and upgrade)... firstly.. I found that there is still visible "blaster-light" and same design with previous TP.

I suspected... that probably there required restart for get "changes". And yes.. after restart... there is missing "blaster-light" and "active circle" do not missing at scan-time.

After this.. I start think.. just because this too-much-small-changes (but anyway changes) not really noted under release-notes... maybe this is happened randomly (with meaning.. that change-result probably comes just after first restart... when upgrade/updates installed already) and there not "re-design" point for "extra animation on the main UI".

---> SECONDLY... about Quarantine UAC-access.

Spoiler

With previous TPs (and after re-design for Quarantine).. when we deny access (by UAC-prompt).. Quarantine opened, but with notification that there "not enough rights"... and closed briefly after this.

With current TP... there is "missing" any actions when we deny "UAC"-prompt. Probably same with all other places.

And probably this is just certain re-design for situation.
I think this is more nice (?).

---> And MAINLY for me... I found that with current TP (but probably more related with recent update for F-Secure NIF module) I get back HTTPS-support (under BP-extensions) for Internet Explorer 11 (with EPM mode features enabled). Did not any steps... but proper work is back (when NIF-update comes probably). Search rating pictures visible under HTTPS search results, Statistics goes to be about time with HTTPS pages too and other things based on extension (when not worked before).

And probably with all systems.. which maybe mean.. that this trouble some kind of fixed (not sure, but at least.. it work with current installations). //Later added there:// --but still not work with/after reinstall-- Smiley Sad

Sorry for my reply else one time. Smiley Sad

Thanks.

Superuser

you are right Uko, the devs should make changelogs more descriptive and highlight things such as Quarantine access, like you I noticed it by chance and, as it works, did not make any comment.

F-Secure

@Ukko

Regarding UAC behaviour, Microsoft guideline is that if you "Cancel" at the UAC prompt, the software must not show any error, because it's not an error. So now it works correctly.

(F-Secure R&D)