FS Protection PC Release 168

Tuula_fs
Tuula_fs Posts: 52 Former F-Secure Employee

This release contains following applications that combined make the FS Protection PC product:

• Common Component Framework 2.68.199
  • Antivirus 14.168.101
  • Browsing protection 2.166.4126

New features

Antivirus:

• New user interface for quarantined items; when being restored, quarantined items are now automatically excluded from scanning

Fixed issues

Common:

Antivirus:

• Crash in fshoster32.exe/fch32.dll (CTS-97751)
  • Help (in other languages than English) from Tools and Status tabs opened at wrong page (CTS-97622)
  • Malware wrongly quarantined automatically in some scenarios with "Handle harmful files automatically" setting disabled (CTS-97764)
  • Duplicate events of malware blocked logged in some scenarios (CTS-97789)

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

And sorry for my ask:

Before this TP (and previous one 166) release-notes was with next known trouble:

Spoiler
    Restarting (or turning off) the computer during malware removal may cause the next computer startups to fail.
    While Antivirus is removing malware, the user can continue using the computer, but the computer must not be restarted (or turned off) during malware removal. Doing so may put the system into a bad state and the computer may fail to start. It may require repairing the system by reverting to a saved restore point, or possibly reinstalling the OS.

It was removed from release-notes because there comes changes and on current days... this is can not be a trouble?

Thanks.

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

another excellent brew: no hicups at all, pls give us some bugs to chew on !

@yeoldfart wrote:

pls give us some bugs to chew on !

Don't tempt me... Smiley Wink

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Tuula_fs

Hi C K,

unfortunately that known problem still exists and it has been mistakenly dropped off from release notes.
    Thank you for noticing :)

br,

Tuula

(F-Secure R&D)

• Ukko

Hello,

Thanks for your response and explanation!

And sorry for my next ask and for else one point around release-notes.

point:

Current topic have this strings (as fixed troubles):

And this strings is missing under release-note, which possible to get from upgrade-prompt-page.

How I can to understand (based on tray-logo, which with my system stay with previous view...where was visible pixels/dots around blue circle) this is not comes yet (?). It will be with next release (and strings under topic just randomly comes there) or something wrong with my system/installation?

next ask:

Spoiler

Just as potential situation.... does there work as should be?

On current days.. with next steps/settings will be next result:

--> We have specific directory/folder. and specific file-name.

For more common situation.. this is can be like "setup.exe".

--> Current file quarantined (f/p or by reason).

--> After this... under same specific directory/folder... created,downloaded,happened normal file also with file-name "setup.exe" (can be different size and other things around).

--> In some day (after time when fresh file under certain specific folder)... we decided to restore quarantined file.

Result: "fresh" setup.exe will be re-placed by "previously quarantined" setup.exe.

Does it should be like that? Or there can be.... something like system-prompt "there already have file with same file-name". Or something like "auto-renaming" for one of files during restore-action?

I decided to ask.. because maybe there all OK, but looks like that there some kind of strange design (when fresh file can be randomly replaced by previously quarantined. just because under same folder and with same file-name)..... and just because I not sure that there can be really critical or common situations for meet this...  but.. anyway.

• yeoldfart

no dots on systray icon here: res 192x1080

• Tuula_fs

Hi C K,

about these:

point:

Current topic have this strings (as fixed troubles):

You are correct, that those were missing from the actual release notes and added only to this community page.

CTS-97816 was very well visible black dots around the blue F system tray icon, so you could not have missed them.

CTS-97773, do forget. That was mistakenly added here and is about another project. (I'll remove it now.)

Your question about quarantine, please make a case about that.

br,

Tuula

(F-Secure R&D)

• yeoldfart
    Sorry for typo please Read 1920x1080
  • Ukko

Hello,

Thanks for response, reply and explanation!

About dots... looks like that my "dreams" about dots just based on another ones.

Because under my system around sixteen (?) dots still can be visible. And this dots comes probably around five months ago (with one of TP releases). And I call it also "dots" (like something mistake) because.. if we have F-Secure KEY blue circle logo around FS Protection blue circle logo... dots will be certainly visible (like different between two blue circles - this I re-check with Windows Vista). Also... previously (with Windows 8.1) time to time I re-place tray-picture for get logo with missing dots (and it was visible that "dots is missing") - such as... dots was not totally based on resolution, but on picture/logo.

I stopped to "thought" about dots after upgrade main system to Windows 10, where a little be another taskbar (include color) and dots start be not so visible for me.

This discussion has been closed.