FS Protection PC Release 166

This release contains following applications that combined make the FS Protection PC product:

• Common Component Framework 2.66.208
  • Antivirus 14.165.102
  • Browsing protection 2.166.4126

Fixed issues

Common:

• Running installer again on a computer with existing non-expired installation consumes extra license (CTS-97774)

Antivirus:

• Desktop background image was not shown on the GUI Status tab with new installations (CTS-97775)
  • Rarely occurring crash in fshoster service (CTS-97751)

Browsing Protection:

• Browsing Protection blocked Google Accounts URL (CTS-97767)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

""Browsing protection 2.166.4126""

Comes under list of updates as "Online Safety 2.166.4126".

Does it planned to re-name back for UI? :)

Or just randomly?

(I like this names for modules. Same with Computer Security)

Thanks.

Hi,

That was a mistake. The person doing the naming normally is on summer vacation... :)

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Lord_Ami
    Lord_Ami Posts: 70 Active Engager

Another quick update.

However, why is DeepGuard not updated? Mine shows 2016-06-01_01

Has not updated for some time now (I just did clean install).

EDIT:
    Upon detection, it actually lists DeepGuard as 06-13_01. So it is up to date, but not in UI.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

DeepGuard (module) under list of updates more related with "common" meanings as full module (like common hips-libraries maybe or other related points). Such as... where should be changes in design/hard-logic/view or other. For common detection (or) and for other DeepGuard work (network connection). There can be update for this things.

For detection and other things (mostly detection and for "up-to-date" point)... there should work Gemini update (as database/"signatures" for DeepGuard; and design-logic for detect strange actions/potential suspicious-malicious files/things). Which can be additional for traditional view of DeepGuard with on-the-fly reaction for malicious points.

Most likely that different with UI and detection-prompt based on the point.... that under detection there meanings "Gemini" updates (and under UI ... Gemini Update can be with current timepoint).

Same should be with UI part under AV-module (Settings/Updates-tab).

And Gemini should be also listed (as one of engines) under log-report for manual scanning.

Sorry for my reply.

Good if F-Secure team create normal response. This words was just my suggestion about.

This discussion has been closed.