2»

Comments

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser
    thank you achieved in a breeze
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

My installation does not receive beta12 yet (it is a little be strange - because even "Check updates" did not trigger it; but maybe it is OK).

Also, I encountered strange situation (I am not sure that it was exact such state - but just interesting to ask 'does it possible?'): I opened "Common settings" (rightclick traypicture) and immediately tried to close it by "OK"-button. But UAC request is appeared. I deny it and re-try -> UAC request is appeared. I deny it and re-check potential changes and found that "Security Cloud deeper analysis" is optionally already and unchecked (I am not sure what if by some ?!combo-hits I unchecked it before try to close common settings; but, probably, such option was 'not optionally for beta' too). Recent update was for Capricorn (and four hours before -> for Ultralight Core Update; three hours before -> DeepGuard update; two hours before -> Virgo Update). My feelings are that some of these updates triggered changes for Security Cloud Deeper analysis option and further try to confirm it by me (OK-button) - even if it is already unchecked there -> UAC is requested. Does it possible? Or it was random? And does such option start be optionally (probably it was not)?

In addition, tasty sound of fixed troubles! :)

Thanks!

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Smooth upgrade to beta 12 this afternoon.

The only way I see the upgrade happening is a message Virus protection is not upto date.

That is if I am at the PC at the time. Otherwise looking at the recent events.

On Android I have automatic updates off and there  F-S TP updates are in the list on normal updates to be installed.

Hi @Ukko

What we didn't tell with the announcement is that we tested update throttling capability of our backend system. This means that not everyone gets the update on the first day. Everyone should have the updated version by the end of the week. Good to know that the test was successful. Smiley Happy

We will most likely release further beta updates without throttling.

Edit: Regarding "Allow Deeper Analysis" option, it was not supposed to be locked and we unlocked it in beta 12.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• pianista47
    pianista47 Posts: 42 Enthusiast
    These new versions are working really great, new engine seems to be much more lighter, especially when it comes to updates speeds. Good work!

Release 17.5 beta 13 (4.00.6130):

Fixed Issues:

• Disk full during installation silently exits (PBL-4374)
    • User interface crashes if old scan report is not found (PBL-4378)

• TIBCSI66
    TIBCSI66 Posts: 11 New Member

When is the final version expected ?

The previous version (17.4) will be updated automatically?

Hi @TIBCSI66,

This is most likely the final build for 17.5 release and we start working on next version. But due to some server reconfiguration issues we are not able to roll it out to production this year. You can expect 17.5 in production early next year.

(F-Secure R&D)

• TIBCSI66

Hello,

Thanks for the reply!

I use the following program: F-Secure Safe.

There will be a change in the look of the program (UI)?

Excuse me,I use Google Translate!

Regards

Tibor

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

I use the following program: F-Secure Safe.
    There will be a change in the look of the program (UI)?

There is always 'a change' in the look of the user interface. But not always such change is about global redesign or fresh feelings. Usually, it is about small improvements and tweaks for usability/guidelines and so. Basically, it is also depends on your F-Secure SAFE build (in use). Since it is on-going solution. But if your experience is about latest stable build - possible to not expect something too fresh with UI (but if it is - it is can be a good surprise).

Just interesting to ask other users about next concern:

-> with recent TPs releases - I start to notice more often (compared to previous time) that Windows Security Center with 'trouble'-mark at launch system. Wordings like "security solution is not loaded; restart it" or something else. It is quite visible delay between states when system is loaded already (even FS Protection is already possible to use; main user interface / other parts of interface) and when Windows Security Center (and its tray logo) is still about troublestate before switch to "good/safe"-state.

I noticed it with two systems (Windows 10 64bit 1803). But I am not sure what if it is not a trouble; or if such delay is pinned to my device/systems rather than something else. Or, at least, does it normal (how long should be delay for Windows Security Center state about AV from 'trouble' to 'good')?

Thanks!

• martink

In Win 10 64 1809 with IS TP  I've got notifications from the systray that the Virus protection is turned off farily seldom. I have associated that with an upgrade as in the main GUI, when I get there, is says that the system is protected. Generally that "not protected" disappears by the time I close the main GUI.

Release 17.5 beta 14 (4.00.6133):

Fixed Issues:

• Updated SQLite to 3.26.0 (PBL-4454)

Bonus: Added holiday theme.

• martink

Holiday.JPG

Thanks

Youi are late. It already arrived a couple of minutes ago. Smooth upgrade on W10 64 as before.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

The snowflakes are back!  Hardly noticed the upgrade, so all good.  Smiley Happy

• TIBCSI66

Hello,

When will this version be installed-computer?

This version is still on the computer-17.4!

Regards!

• martink

You should be getting 17.6

Try check for updates.

If that does not do it uninstall snd reinstall

• TIBCSI66

17.6  is not a stable version!?

• martink

This the beta forum. 17.6 is as stable ad any beta.

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser
    First: may I remind you this: you enrolled for testing the betas, how can you ask such a thing ?
    Second: all released betas went through a complete test chain before being an alpha, then a beta which may show glitches on non standard rigs but will still be stable. You are in good hands.

This discussion has been closed.