FS Protection PC 17.5 releases

Superuser

Re: FS Protection PC 17.5 releases

@yeoldfart wrote:

hello Ukko

what do you mean with pumpkin ?

Hello,

Vegetable, usually.

But currently my system is under pressure of circumstances; and perhaps it is not related to vegetables.

F-Secure

Hi @Ukko

We disabled resizing for main UI because it didn't bring much benefit and was causing rendering issues with certain controls. It was missing from release notes, sorry about that.

(F-Secure R&D)

Highlighted
Scholar

Updated and working perfectly well here, is it my impression or the response of the interface got faster? Mainly at the time of clicking the icon (opens quickly)
Patron

My Windows messed itself again to a point where no recovery option did any good.

Restored the two week old backup.

FS TP upgraded again smoothly.

Just gave notices

No Virus Protection, then

Updating

F-Secure

@Faybert

Sorry but we haven't done anything related to the speed of UI opening.

(F-Secure R&D)

Superuser

@Ville wrote:

Hi @Ukko

We disabled resizing for main UI because it didn't bring much benefit and was causing rendering issues with certain controls. It was missing from release notes, sorry about that.

(F-Secure R&D)

Hello,

Thanks for explanation!

Resizing for main UI was useful to me when I tried to use FS Protection under VM (under my laptop 15.6") as not full-sized VM window; In general, based on reasons which discussed (as example) there: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/F-S-IS-image-too-large-in-low/m-p/104668

And sorry for one else ask (to anyone):

Release 17.5 beta 9 (4.00.5447):
New features:
Confirmation dialogs for allowing websites or applications were changed to Windows native style

Does it something about UAC type (as internal changes to something)? Or it is visible for users?

I did not find where is "confirmation dialogs for allowing websites" or what is it (for except UAC).

And I am not sure how to check it with applications (I do suspect that it is about ability to allow PUA?! or to restore from Quarantine?).

And as another feedback (but I did not try to check it enough well; and my experience is only based on just one random situation):

- does it possible that with current design of uninstallation: if there is already another installation/uninstallation (.msi) in work -> after try to launch FS Protection uninstallation (by "Uninstall"-button under related dialog) - there is no visible output that "another un/installation in process" as with common situations?

Thanks!

F-Secure

Hi @Ukko

Thanks for the feedback about resizing. We will definitely look into it again in future.

The confirmation dialog changes were only about the dialog frame (how it looks). Functionality was not changed.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure

Release 17.5 beta 10 (4.00.5589):

New features:

• Statistics about product are available in main user interface
  • Identity codes page was returned to common settings

Fixed Issues:

• Renew key dialog layout adjustments (PBL-4168)
  • Installation fails if username has spaces (CSBP-16483)
Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for beauty release with statistics.

decided to delete my reply.

Thanks!

Champion

Capricorn - new engine or still Bitdefender?

Otherwise smooth upgrade - no issues.