FS IS TP on Android

martink
martink Posts: 427 Influencer

I've got TP on Android and can hardly notice it.

Pros

- no push adds

- offers to check new WiFi when I am about to connect

- apparently regular scans

- finder is included and  sends an alarm without anything additional

- stays on the background

- have almost forgotten it after install

Cons

- without digging into the phone I don't know when it is doing a scan, but my synchronized smart watch will get a notification about that

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Good to hear your views. I tried it on my Android phone, and found it wasn't for me, as I don't want the tracker and alarm, and I found it slightly bothersome that it didn't show full protection without the alarm being active. It would be nice to have the option to turn off a component, and for that component to then be ignored, rather than the app showing as protection incomplete (or words to that effect). I also wasn't keen on the icon being constantly on, but I'm not sure if there's a way to turn that off in the settings.
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Spoiler

----

and I found it slightly bothersome that it didn't show full protection without the alarm being active. It would be nice to have the option to turn off a component, and for that component to then be ignored, rather than the app showing as protection incomplete (or words to that effect).

----

Hello,

Maybe you have workaround for this.

First step can be "clean installation" (as refresh UI). Mainly I use Windows Phone and not friendly with Android devices. But one of devices (which I time to time able to use for check something) is Android phone. And FS Protection was installed before some changes with scanning engine. As result.. main UI still show that "latest scan was not completed". And not matter that scan normally completed after this a lot of times. :)

With recent fresh installation for another device (Android tablet)... and found there that all nice and OK with status about latest scan (updated after each other one). Android phone also noted that protection not perfect (because there not in use tracker, locator and other. mainly based on "required administrator-device rights" features)... I think maybe this is can be stuck too.

Second step can be one time enabled tracker and disabled than by "disabled administrator rights for FS Protection". In somewhat reason.... with my recent try with Android table.. I temporary enable Tracker/Device-usage-limits (and not sure how it was before) and disabled than.

Today I open device.. and UI show "OK Protection" and all pictures have "normal picture" (not attention or other). Like it "work".

Sorry for long reply. Smiley Sad(

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Thanks for your comments, Ukko. I may try it again sometime, but for the moment, I'm happy with Bitdefender on my phone, which is invisible, unless called upon. :)
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

:) This is good.. that all work nice.

One of devices (Android tablet) was randomly killed by one of Android Bitdefender's solutions. After this.. I not tried any of security (or not totally known for me) application under Android devices.  :)

Spoiler

But.. I sure that Bitdefender (and some other security companies under mobile platform) can be more 'friendly' under mobile devices, than F-Secure ones.

But for me more interesting there security points.... and with Android devices - I not able to check it a lot (do not love Android and do not use it practically). I think this is most important point and just "traditional test results" there not enough (which probably high between all of main companies). And mobile platform (Android mainly) required some kind of more "security tricks" by security solutions like "fresh steps".

I use Windows Phone as main mobile device. And there FS Protection as secure/safe browser pretty well for me.
    I use it more often than Internet Explorer (mobile) - because I have good feelings with using; but... probably FS Protection safe browser can be with some of usability features... which can to create this browser more friendly.

This discussion has been closed.