F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus

F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus is our next generation security product. With this beta release we are piloting several new concepts:

• Light-weight product, which utilizes cloud-based scanning
  • New modern user interface
  • Blazingly fast installation

We guarantee this is something you have never seen before. Try it here and send us feedback. We are eager to know your opinion about this product.

Supported platforms, 3rd Dec 2014

• Windows
    • Windows 7 (64-bit)
    • Windows 8 (64-bit)
    • Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
172 REPLIES 172
Superuser

Re: F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus

So, is this a stand alone anti virus only product, ie, not an Internet Security type multi function suite?
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Simon,

It is not having all the functions that some of our other products might have but I still would recommend giving it a try as it is very impressive. 

And of course let us know what you think. :)

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

Hi Ben,

I'd love to try it. Will it run alongside FS Protection, if the AV component of FSP was disabled? Only, I would feel less protected without Banking Protection and Deepguard, so would need replacements for those if they're not included in the new product.

F-Secure

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your interest!

F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus cannot run alongside FS Protection. You have to uninstall FS Protection before installing F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus.

As for the protection features, F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus includes a comprehensive set of features to protect you from various malware attacks. For instance, a new improved version of DeepGuard 6 is included with F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus. We also included features to protect the users from visiting malicious sites. Banking Protection feature is not included.

-- Alex

F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus Development Team
Superuser

Hi Alex,

Good to hear that Deepguard will be included. I will register for the beta to try on my secondary laptop, but without Banking Protection, or an equivalent function, I'm not sure it could be a product I would use everyday.

Cheers,

Simon.
Superuser

Dear Alex and Ben,

From a business perspective, how would you compare:

- F-Secure Ultralight versus F-Secure CPU Limiter?

- F-Secure Ultralight versus F-Secure Off-load Scanning Agent (SRS/SVCE)?

- What can be known about the novel capabilities of DG6 ?

- Will you be including Ultralight and DG6 in business protection products, like FSAV PSB / FSCS any soon? I think CPU Limiter would be a godsend for FSAVCS, as we get ever more complaint from business customers, rather than SOHO users. (If the office lady / salaryman / necktied slave goes for a coffee break while the workstation ratchets its HDD, that's lost money.)

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely:

Tamas Feher, 2F 2000, Hungary.

Executive Member

Would be nice to have a look on some screenshots! Smiley Wink

Superuser

That would spoil the surprise! Smiley Very Happy
Executive Member

Well, if you want a large group of people testing a new product, then you should spread the news on every possible news site (not just on a forum) and throw some nice screenshots to push interest!