F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus

Supporter

Re: F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus

I noticed another problem is that despite the blocking page that ruled out the block, the program still block it even though I marked it as safeSmiley Mad

Superuser

I had to revert to FSP as ULAV flagged repeatedly perfectly safe URL's

Supporter

That is, the problem is not only with me, so I should probably go back to fsp. Thanks for the reply

Superuser

I regret that move but I'm confident the devs will settle it

Supporter

ULAV promises to be a very good program, but unfortunately it's still early beta, and still a lot of things need to be improved

Superuser

About blocking page - same situation was with my experience. But not about all URLs and it's related maybe with some of strange points, which I not sure... that I can to understand (except something about rights for changes or cache-stuck). With some of tries (and after some of re-installations before latest one) it works time to time as should be. Such as URLs goes be under white list and current information getting by F-Secure ULAV for allow websites. But after that.. there again comes stuck about "common" URLs (and I just "stop" think about it).
Such as.. if there false-positive better to use F-Secure SAS for getting normal rating about website/webpage ( https://analysis.f-secure.com/ ).

If there not really false-positive.. not sure.. that can be a lot of reasons for allow it.

About FS Protection and F-Secure ULAV... probably there should be one rating about websites. :)

So it's mean... there can not be big changes about "safe pages marked as harmful" (and with FS Protection should be same situation). But with F-Secure ULAV it's can be more visible - such as.... it's prompted about each block-situation (FS Protection can to do block-action under background... if it's just part/elements of page).

F-Secure

Hi all! I've been MIA for a bit due to the holiday season, but wanted to get back on here and thank you all for your continued feedback!

As for the general stability of this product and the UI, we're certainly aware of issues. We're reporting and fixing them internally every day. This product is still in relatively early beta, and it doesn't have the polish of our older products. Any comments you can provide are helpful! Also, please do file reports if you find specific situations in which a problem can be reproduced.

As far as the URLs being mis-rated, please file reports about those. Both FSP and ULAV use the same reputation backends, and so should block and allow the same URLs. If the behaviour is different between the two, we'd like to know so that we can look into why this is.

That being said, you should be able to allow a blocked URL via the UI if you know it is safe and want to visit it without turning the product off.

Supporter

Hello AndyP. Good to have you back on the forum :)

Highlighted
Scholar

is ultralight av compatible with freedome for desktop  ?, freedome is so far compatible with kav, what about fs protection compatibility with freedome ?

Superuser

Hi everyone :) happy new year :)

Andy, 2 questions:

1) is there any possibility to retrieve an ULAV erased (quarantined) file ?

2) if negative, can I exclude any given file from analysis ? when will you implement it ?

thx