I manually added a taskbar icon this way C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Ultralight\ului\1417618500 then right clicked on Spclient_gui.exe to create icon the usaual way in windows 8
When i restart my pc. Windows security center says, that i have no av installed, but F-Secure is active (tested with eicar test)
So maybe windows security center integration needs some more work. That is the only bug i have had and im really liking this new product from F-Secure :)
That's not happening on mine. Action Centre displays FSUL Beta as being installed:
Have you tried turning FSUL On via the Action Centre? Otherwise, I would probably suggest reinstalling FSUL and see if that fixes it. There used to be a way to reset Windows Security Centre in versions up to Windows 7, but I can't find a way to do it in Windows 8/8.1.
BTW, did you remove your previous antivirus before installing FSUL?
It seems to happen with standard user account, but with admin account it works fine.
I didn't have any previous antivirus programs installed (it was clean Windows 8.1 install)
OK, no idea about that, sorry, as I only have an Admin account on this machine. Did you install it using the Admin account? I'd still recommend a quick uninstall / reinstall, as it shouldn't be too much trouble, but obviously, you might want to wait for a response from F-Secure.
Probably it should be "common" trouble-point.
And Windows prompted about "disabled" F-Secure ULAV, because workarounds around Security Center goes be "time-out" during launch system. And it goes be as "disabled" for Windows Security Center such as.... overload at launch?! Not nice network connection?! Or other reasons.
Most likely... that it's can be happened not as just local situation. Or.. if you mean account with UAC (and when UAC disabled - it's goes fine). So.. maybe it's also can to be as point around. But anyway.. it's also should be just time to time (or often, but not always). Because can be related with any delay/not-default steps for Windows Security Center (or double-steps, or something other) - which goes to break something around "normal information" getting.
no integration problem on my W8.1 x64 rig, admin, uac enabled I only have issues with some urls detacted as malevolent, for instance my speebbox supplier, beside this: sofar, so good.
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support agents and get answers to your questions