As for today, F-Secure Deep Guard is detecting and blocking Comodo Leaktest Firewall.
But still you can choose two option, to allow or to block.
Attention to F-Secure Deep Guard:- If the user is still allowing the program. Deep Guard must have the option to block every level of Comodo Firewall Leaktest to make it passed!!!
Here is a reply from F-Secure SAS Team, concerning the Matousec Firewall Leak Testings.
Sorry for the delay in replying this inquiry.
Kindly be noted that Matousec does not test with real malware.
We focus on detecting malware that is seen in the wild. You can refer to our excellent protection score in both AV Test and AV Comparatives tests.
We have analyzed the Matousec test results.
Detecting those Matousec tricks & techniques that are also used by real malware have been added to DeepGuard roadmap.
Should you have further concerns, please do not hesitate to email us again.
F-Secure Security Labs http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/
F-Secure Corporation http://www.f-secure.com/
"As for today, F-Secure Deep Guard is detecting and blocking Comodo Leaktest Firewall"
But it only detects the .exe file; it still only scores 200/340 as before.
This is an awkward test that I find weird with F-Secure Deep Guard.
And I found to be really horrible.
Inorder to pass the GRC leaktest.
if you wanted to PASS the test with GRC Leak testing, this is steps which you need to do.
1. Run grcleaktest.
2. Deep Guard detect and prompt.
3. I trust the application. Let it continue.
4. The go to F-Secure Tools, Select Application permission, click details to block or click the applciation select to deny.
5. Go to GRCLeaktest and select test for leaktest.
6. And you will get the "Unable to connect".
Then GRCLeaktest will pass the test.
As for the Comodo Firewall leaktest. I will not get a perfect score of 340/340!!!
If I do a first test I get a score of 190/340. That is bad!!!
I find Deep Guard very weird.
if you want better results than this.
Again, you have to do the awkward test like the followings:-
1. Run clt.exe file.
2. Deep Guard detect to block it. And CLT program launches.
3. Select Exit. for the CLT program. (Don't click the test button, just exit)
4. Go to F-Secure tools, Application permission. Select Allow clt program from block. click close.
5.run clt.exe again.
6. Goto F-Secure tools, Applications permission, Select Block or Denyt this time under the clt.exe file. click close.
7. Click on Test for the clt.exe file.
8. Then you will see that the Deep Guard prompts again to block. Click close.
9. Then will see the score 260/340.
So that is the Awkward Tests that you have to do.
As for the actual test is in this manner.
1. Run GRCleaktest program.
2. Deep Guard detects it.
3. click ok to block.
4. GRCleaktest launches.
5. Application Block prompts from Deep Guard. Click close.
6. Select test for leaks from GRCleaktest, it will not run anything! Connecting.... and it will stuck there forever. And failed the GRCleak test.
As for the Comodo Firewall leaktest.
1. Run CLT.
2. Deep Guard detects. Click ok to block.
3. CLT program launches.
4. Select test button.
5. CLT program will be block. And will run the program.
The next one, this is a bug that I found with GRCLeaktest.
Okay go to the F-Secure Status settings, Deep Guard options and click all the tab options. Yeah Including the "Use the compatibility mode (lower security).
And you know what GRCleaktest failed the test. And firewall leaktest is penetrated!!!
That is a bug... Deep Guard did not detect when the program runs!!!
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support agents and get answers to your questions