Does FS Protection have the Banking Protection like the F-Secure Beta program did?

I just installed the FS Protection on my Desktop yesterday.  I will load it on my tablet & laptop soon.  But, today I paid some bills but the Banking Protection did not activate like it did on the F-Secure Beta Program.  I thought the FS Protection was supposed to be the same as the F-Secure Beta Program?  Do I maybe have to go & turn the Banking Protection on some where?  Or do something else I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Mare

PS  I just found where to turn the Banking Protection on and off by going into the settings.  However, the Banking Protection was set to on, so I don't know why it isn't activating when I go to go into my Bank Account.  It used to activate when I had the other - F-Secure Beta.  I tried several times waiting a few minuted in between(for reset time).  But the Banking Protection still isn't activating when I go into my Bank Account.  Any ideas?   Thanks!

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    If you go to the settings where you turned Banking Protection on and off, there should be a link on the left hand side to Browser Protection, and in there, you can reinstall the browser plug in. Try that and let us know how you get on.
  • mp07
    mp07 Posts: 50 Explorer

Hello Simon,

Thank you for the information.  I did as you suggested.  I went into the Browser Protection/Banking Protection and on the left side I reinstalled the plugins.  I restarted my computer and tried going back to my Bank account.  But, unfortunately, the Banking Protection still isn't activating.  Do you happen to have any other ideas? 

Thanks again!

Mare

PS  I also went back into the settings just to make sure the Banking Protection was still turned on, and it is.

• Simon
    OK, which browser are you using? Check in your browser Add-ons (usually Tools > Add ons) that the F-Secure extension / plug in is enabled. If not, it may tell you why, such as incompatability.

Let us know what you find, and if you need further help, let us know the version of your browser, and if you have any other add-ons. Also, let us know if you have any other security products on the machine, and, assuming Windows, which version you are using. :)
  • mp07

Hello again Simon,

Thanks again for all your help.  I have Windows 7 running Firefox 32.0.2(it says i'm up to date).  I did as you said and went into the Tools, then into Add-ons then into Extensions, the Browsing Protection is there and it is Enabled.  But that's all thats there.  I'm not sure if there is supposed to be the Banking Protection there too?  I tried reinstalling the add-ons again(then restarted my computer) just to try again but it still isn't working.  I don't have any other add-ons & the only other Extensions I have are Speed dial and Last Pass.  I'm really baffled why this isnt working when it just worked a couple days ago when I had the F-Secure Beta.  It wouldn't have anything to do with having Pop-ups blocked or disabled, would it?

Thanks again for all your help!!!

I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with it but might as well check & see.  When I was installing this other version or the FS Protection, I had Malwarebytes on my computer.  But, it said it was a conflict(not sure with FS Protection itself or just with installing it) but it asked if it could remove it.  I clicked ok to remove it.  So it did remove it before continuing with the install.  I didn't redownload the Malwarebytes but was curious if I would be able to?(of course after I get this problem taken care of first).  I was able to use Malwarebytes with the other F-Secure Beta.  But I'm more concerned with getting the Banking Protection working.  That's the main thing I really liked about the F-Secure Technology or Security Beta Program.  Also I just remembered I have Spybot S&D on my computer, too.  Could that possibly be the culprit?  Maybe stopping the Banking protection from activating?

Thanks again for all your help!

Hi @mp07 

Banking Protection should work the same way as in Internet Security Technology Preview. Please submit the missed URL to https://analysis.f-secure.com/portal/login.html.

Browsing Protection plugin contains the banking protection functionality, so you are good there. Also, Malwarebytes should not interfere with it.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• mp07

I tried editing my last post but you might not have seen it since i edited it.  I also remembered I have Spybot S&D, could that maybe be preventing the Banking Protection from activating?  Because I tried going into some of my other bills that the protection used to come up/activate for and its not activating for those now either.

• Simon
    It's might be worth removing Spybot S&D just to see if it rectifies the issue. Malwarebytes is still compatible so you can reinstall that. I think it was just the installer which didn't like it.
  • mp07

Hello again,

Ok, I uninstalled the Spybot S&D and right after when I went to go into my account the Banking Protection popped right up(like it usually did).  So, I guess the Spybot was the culprit.  I wonder if its just because I had Spybot loaded and active before/while loading and activating FS Protection or if it just isn't compatable with FS Protection at all.  Because I had Spybot with the f-secure beta (same with Malwarebytes) and all worked fine then.  Which is another thing, when I was installing this new version, FS Protection, it said Malwarebytes interferred with the installation and uninstalled Malwarebytes, but it didnt say anything about Spybot s&d.

I guess I could try reinstalling Spybot & see if the Banking Protection still activates.  If it does then its just a conflict with installing/activating FS Protection.  If not then its a conflict with the Spybot program itself.

Any way, Thanks for All your time & help, I really appreciate it!

• Simon
    I think Spybot S&D is largely 'old hat' nowadays, and Malwarebytes should more than cover you on that front. By all means try it again, but it does sound like there's some sort of conflict there, and you don't know what other effects that might have. Malwarebytes is certified as FS compatible, so you should have no problems there.
  • mp07

Thanks so much again, Simon!  I didn't really use Spybot that much any way.  & I do like Malwarebytes better, too.  So, I think I will just stick with Malwarebytes.  Thanks so much again for all your help!!!

• mp07

Hi Ville,

Ok, great!  Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks again,

Mare

This discussion has been closed.