After install, ask user to do a full scan at next restart - (BEFORE the Windows is started.)

Hi all.

"After install :

"Do a full scan after next restart (recommend)

rebooting in SCAN-MODE(failsafe mode or something), and make "Full computer scan"" (Y/N)

If user says (no) - ask next time (Y/N)

F-Secure has to do a full scan BEFORE the systems/windows starts, the computer is really slow, if it defends virus after it is installed, it could release the power of the 2012 version Smiley Happy

AND...

If installed on a system/computer is filled with virus-spy-root-kit-bots and other... then..

There have to be a "special install" that only copied the most importend files, -then after restart, the files is placed correct, and the F-Secure is going to scan in "SCAN-MODE" BEFORE- the Windows is started..

- Then a checkmark, that says, Block all Internet Access in firewall after restart. ???

That is a quite a genius idea, against all the crap on the net.

I hope you can see what i mean ???

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

I have a problem to fully understand what the idea is, BUT

from Computer Therory it is impossible to decide if a software is malware or not, So the installer can not know if some unknown rootkit is already active and so can not install a scan before windows ist stared.

You can search for KNOWN malware or suspicious files entries before the system start if you use the Rescue-CD or pu the drive into a second system, but detecting an (unknown) rootkit can only be done by monitoring system activity during regukar work.

BR

• Nmousedk
    Nmousedk Posts: 37 Observer

Hi again..

So you say, that it´s worthless, to do a FULL-SCAN before Windows is started, because the i.e root-kit had encrypted itself, and therefore, the scanning is not to be successfully found on this scanning ??

It is better to let the root-kit AND the F-Secure, make a local wor against each other ??

It that right understood ???

Regards.

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

not useless, but unreliable.

Scanning an inactive operating system will only reveal know malware. Scanning a running OS is tricky, because active rootkits hide themselves.But only in a running OS you can detect unkown malware based on the behaviour.

There is no way inbetween that would allow a reliable scan, because there is no point where there is enough OS for the scanner but too little for the rootkit. Good rootkits get executed even before the OS-kernel is loaded. Far too early for any Anti-virus.

That is why F-Secure has the Rescue CD. It will scan the HDD in offline mode.

And it brings the blacklight engine that is able to identify suspicious files, processes and activity.

HTH

This discussion has been closed.