Linux support for Key

Linux support for Key

Would it be possible to have Linux support for Key? I have found that using Key and Linux is quite hard. At first I open the page I'd like to login, then I dig my phone from a pocket, open Key and get the password, then type it to the keyboard while hoping to not make any typos. It is definitely a complicated process. Do you have any plans to extend the support in the near future?

Best Regards,

Teemu Ikonen

26 Comments
Novice

command line tool would be nice, +1 

Aspirant

Would actually prefer a command line tool to a graphical one - I don't have the need to auto-fill anything, would just like to have a simple, no-nonsense password manager (add, remove, view, new and sync are the features I need) that is cross-platform.

Novice

A command line too would be nice as starters. But make it so that community can create different user interfaces for that.

S-W
Aspirant

How about this kind of approach (since you can't have resources for everything):

Select one of current linux  password managers, like KeepassX ( Which I'm being told, was good enough for Edwards Snowden) and make option to export Keys data in format that is undertandable to KeepassX.

In that way linux users can transfer their passwords also to linux platform -even with some manual steps.

Scholar
Any news about this? I'm moving from win 8 to linux as microsoft is totally ruining it's products...
Community Manager
Status changed to: Discarded

There are no plans for this as of now. The more requests we get; we might consider this for the future.

Scholar
So how can it be requested? I guess many use different platforms at work and home. Especially those who use this kind of programs and recommend them to others to use them. It only requires one platform not to support Key to make it unusable. Because of that I would think it would be in your interest to make Key work on all platforms. As there is competitors for you that doesn't have this kind of limits. For me the problem is that I only trust you guys to store my passwords...
v-k
Scholar

+1 for this idea. Currently using F-Secure Key only on my Android devices, because there is no support for my desktop OS (= Linux).

If you're not going to implement this "for now", can you even publish some REST API for fetching my account data (=passwords) to my desktop. Yes, my implementation could be unsafe, but at least I'd have access to my data on the device of my choice. (Which is much better protected than *ANY* Android device btw...)

Novice

It seems for me atleast that more and more people are switching from windows to linux because these privacy issues with microsoft products. If i'm not wrong and this actually is the case would this linux support feature be possible in near future?

Scholar
Any news linux support?