Linux support for Key

Linux support for Key

Would it be possible to have Linux support for Key? I have found that using Key and Linux is quite hard. At first I open the page I'd like to login, then I dig my phone from a pocket, open Key and get the password, then type it to the keyboard while hoping to not make any typos. It is definitely a complicated process. Do you have any plans to extend the support in the near future?

Best Regards,

Teemu Ikonen

26 Comments
Scholar

If someone has fought with F-Secure Key, Wine and Linux Ubuntu, I've been able to get it working with the following steps:

1. Enter these commands in the terminal followed by the enter key:

Sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

Wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key

Sudo apt-key add Release.key

Sudo apt-add-repository https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ 

Sudo apt-get update

2. Install Wine from the "Ubuntu software store"

3. Download and install the F-Secure Key PC version (will not work and gives an error message)

4. Configure Wine

5. Windows version: XP

6. Add fskey.exe to the Wine Applications list (it's in the program files (x86) directory)

7. Restart F-Secure MSI again and select "Repair"

8. Open Key, it should work now. :)

Scholar

Works Arch/Antergos fine out off to box. Just install Wine and F-secure Key Windows version.

Aspirant

I have F-secure Key on Android-phone and windows10. Would have it on Ubuntu with pleasure.

Novice

Are there any new plans to offer KEY in Linux?

Aspirant
We want keynux!
Novice

Since there now is a distribution-agnostic universal package manager for GNU/Linux called Snappy which is widely used for commercial software such as Spotify, Skype, Slack, Discord, Telegram, Visual Studio Code and PyCharm, the argument about market fragmentation that F-Secure has been using no longer applies for Key. Please create GNU/Linux versions of your software, as this has a huge impact on the recommendations IT professionals give to average users and enables more users to switch to a more secure platform.