Introduction of Password

AsgarBanka
AsgarBanka Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 2022 in Feature Requests

F-Secure Internet Security has a feature to sense type of content of a website and block it according to the preferences set by a user.

Now there is an option in the blocked webpage to allow the blocked website. If a user clicks on it, the website can be accessed and is added as an exception. So next time a user visits the same website it will not be blocked.

The problem is if I have blocked a certain category of websites and if I am trying to allow it, the antivirus should ask for a password because presently it is easily allowing the blocked websites.

0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Did you mean kind of Parental control functionality? Where possible to choose certain categories and block them as Content Blocker?

Or your concern is about only harmful or suspicious/illegal websites?

If about Content Blocker - likely that such feature is, usually, used for kids profile or for own use (as doublecheck).

For kids profile - good to use restricted system account (Windows); where password will be ask for main account.

For main profile (own use) - there can be UAC request.

The problem is if I have blocked a certain category of websites and if I am trying to allow it, the antivirus should ask for a password because presently it is easily allowing the blocked websites.

Thus, did you mean that it is possible to perform automatically and remotely by malicious activities?

If it is about own ability to allow blocked website -> I think that it is expected and "as designed" situation. Because Administrator of system do able to do anything.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.