How to upgrade freedome with less user action

martink
martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Whenever there is and upgrade available for Freedome on a Win PC 

I get a notification for it from Freedome

New Windows asks if I should allow that

Then Freedome tells in the GUI that there is an upgrade (or somthing like that)

Finally I am asked if I want to install the upgrade

So four time I have to take action.

Could the upgrade be set up not to ask these questions?

The windows question can be set to that it is not asked.

When compared to IS Tech  Preview that does not as a thing and the user hardly notices the upgrade.

Adobe Flash player has options automatic, notify and never upgrade. Something similar would be good.

Comments

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @martink 

At the moment, there is no option to delay the update but we will suggest you allow the update to proceed as soon as it pops up. In any situation that it fails, kindly reinstall Freedome to get the latest version immediately.

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

I  wonder if I made my point clear.

No problem delaying the the update: just do not select yes, proceed, install etc.

What I should like to have is a setting: Always install updates and do not bother me with questions.

• Jaims

HI @martink 

Thank you for your feedback.

We will suggest this to the Freedome Team and see if it could be implemented in our subsequent releases. 

• Jaims

Hi @martink 

We have a response from the Freedome Team.

We are in process of simplifying the Freedome upgrade process on Windows OS to remove those extra steps from it.

However, it won’t be completely silent upgrade as the VPN connection must be dropped during the upgrade and we don’t want to do that without the user’s consent – so there will still be a prompt for the upgrade in the future as well.

• Anna_B
    Anna_B Posts: 12 F-Secure Employee