reset shield to factory settings

BayBye
BayBye Posts: 7 New Member

after resetting my shield and re-installing Freedome all I get is a continuous cycling of the attempting to connect...it shows my subscription is valid to Oct 4 2019 but never connects...how do I fix this problem 

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @BayBye

May I know model of your device and modem ? 

Are you using a Sagemcom or DNA modem/router at your home? if yes, you need to enable a feature IPSec PassThrough on your modem in order to fix the Freedome VPN connection issue. Click here to see the steps. 

Also, you can check this KB article to set up the port configuration for Freedome on iOS.

• BayBye
    BayBye Posts: 7 New Member

it is nothing to do with my router settings as I have freedome on anther android box and my pc and both work excellently..it is only on the shield that it keeps cycling...and it worked great till I reset the shield so an re-install should have worked excellently as well...and since you have freedome on the google playstore and most android do not access the total store you can not d/l it from the store as it is not seen

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @BayBye

I am still unsure about your model of device. Are you saying Freedome has started working now after reset your Shield Portable?

F-secure Freedome does support Android 5.0 or later.  In google playstore,  you can able to see the Install option for Freedome only for supported version. 

Click here to know more about Supported paltform for Freedome.  

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi BayBye,

If you are referring to the Nvidia shield, we have seen a similar post about Nvidia Shield and Freedome in here in recent times.

Since it is an Android TV, it might be the reason that it has a modified version of Android and some of its components that Freedome requires are not part of your installation, namely the android VPN.

I found a similar post here. Please have a look.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info