icon indication of "network..no internet connection"

Blackhawk247
Blackhawk247 Posts: 11 Observer

Although I have internet connection, why do my internet icon have an exclamation mark (!) indicating no network connection while F-secure freedome is running?

Comments

• Tehfcae
    Tehfcae Posts: 107 Contributor

Are you able to load websites? 

If so it is an issue with the icon itself and not with Freedome.

If not what type of device are you using?

• Blackhawk247

This icon with the (!) indicating no internet connection only appears when the VPN is activated. When in-activated, the (!) no longer appears and the icon is clear indicating internet access. Either  with OR without the (!), I still have connection. Just wondering why the (!) appears when the VPN is active.

• Tehfcae
    When you have the (!) icon are you able to still load websites?

What type of device are you using?
  • Blackhawk247

Oh yes... There is no functionality failure at all... Just don't like that (!) in the internet connection icon. Otherwise all woks. With that (!) visible, I never know when it's a false positive or actually indicating a valid condition. No problem. Guess I'll just have to live with it. As for the device I'm using...nothing special...just one system on a (2) system network through a Netgear R6300 WiFi Router.

• Tehfcae

Unforturnetly, if the connection is working properly it is likely just the way your network adapters checks the connection may have issues with VPN protocols or the VPN servers themselves. Either way keep an eye for updates as that will be the most likely source of resultion for an issue like that.

• Blackhawk247

Great...Thanks for the super quick responce. W'll keep an eye out for updates. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info