iPad - Freedome keeps switching off after sleep mode

EmmaNikita
EmmaNikita Posts: 10 Observer

Anyone else experiencing this issue? It is a recent problem for me.

When I put VPN back on (in the “General” settings) it works again but doesn’t seem to stay on.

Thanks.

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @EmmaNikita

May I know the version of your iOS running on your device? and version of Freedome VPN?

• EmmaNikita

iOS 12.1

Freedome 2.8.4.6381

It’s just switched itself off again whilst I was using the iPad! Had to switch it on again in “General”.

Thanks!

• Sethu

Hello @EmmaNikita

Normally, Freedome closes the VPN connection after there hasn't been any network activity for some time. This is done to save battery. When any app or operating system is trying to access the network, Freedome will automatically open the VPN connection.

Please use the Keep VPN on when device is idle setting to configure Freedome to keep the VPN connection always open.

If you have done but still the issue persistance, may I ask you try re-install the Freedome and check agian?

• XVX
    XVX Posts: 12 New Member

same problem with my ipad. vpn is never on after the sleep and it may just turn itself off. 

macos version is also working wierd (cannot connect to the nas anymore if the Kill switch is on). windiws user was reporting the same behaviour earlier here too. 

im not bothering to re-install freedome either on my mac or ipad because the freedome is definitely the culprit here. cannot be corrupted in macos and ios (also windows) at the same time, so there must be a bug or  so in the latest version. 

ipad pro 2nd gen

ios 12.1

freedome .6381 too

• EmmaNikita

Hi @Sethu

VPN is off from the "General" settings after the iPad has gone to sleep, even after choosing "Keep VPN on whilst idle".

This is a recent issue, only this week, never had that problem before.

Please advise, many thanks.

• Sethu

Hello @EmmaNikita and @XVX,

Thank you for reporting us the issue, we need to collect the diagnostic report from affected device and perform the analysis on what could causes and how to proceed in right way. For that, we would like you to contact our F-secure support directly.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info