can't maintain home connection

keshwh
keshwh Posts: 4 New Member

I am having a great deal of difficulty maintaining a connection at home with the VPN. We recently had to replace our modem and router, which seemed to aggravate the problem. Any tips or troubleshooting guide you can point me to?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello @keshwh 

May I know the version of Freedome running on your device? and what is the operating system of your device?

I found similar this thread for the slowness issue.

• keshwh

9E425A03-67ED-4880-8D17-91EC5674C294.jpeg

2B043637-F1FD-4062-B34D-2E858FC982BC.jpeg

Here you go! Thanks.

• [Deleted User]

Hello @keshwh 

Thank you for the screen shot, please try check the IKEv2 feature on your Freedome app. To do so, open Freedome app, go to Settings, and Turn ON/Off Use IKEv2.  Because the IKEv2 is responsible for establishing a secure tunnel between the VPN client and the VPN server. It does that by first authenticating both the client and the server, and then agreeing on which encryption methods will be used. This could solve the connection issues.

• keshwh

I am not able to get or keep a home VPN connection on my iPhone, and the service is increasingly unreliable away from home. I need a reliable VPN. Can I get a refund on my purchase?

• [Deleted User]

Hello @keshwh 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about Freedome VPN and apologise for the inconvenience, our F-secure support team usually requests our customer to send the logfile where the root causes of connection issue can be found quickly. We would recommend to get in touch with our F-Secure support for further investigation or refund.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info