Won't Connect After Initial Sesson--Windows 7

TonyT228
TonyT228 Posts: 6 New Member

I am using Freedome for Windows, version 1.0.1958.0 on my laptop.  I first had an issue with IPv6 not being enabled, so I searched the forum and enabled IPv6 through REGEDIT (changed the "ff" to "0" in the registry value).  I restarted my computer and was able to connect with Freedome normally.

Now, after disconnecting, I can't reconnect with Freedome.  The Freedome client says "protected" and OpenVPN is running (checked with ProcessExplorer) but my real IP shows when visiting IP-checking websites.  I tried restarting the computer, and the same thing happens-I can connect initially, but can't connect again after disconnecting/trying to switch countries.

The IPv6 settings in Network and Sharing Center under the 'FreedomeVPNConnection' link are set to: 'Obtain an IP address automatically' and 'Obtain DNS server automatically' and my IPv4 settings are normal, if that helps.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with Avast Internet Security, EMET, WinPatrol, and Zemana Free Antilogger for security.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi TonyT228,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post. As per you have mentioned, your issue persists even after trying the initial steps specified in the articles. In this case, it might need further technical troubleshooting and I would help you to troubleshoot further with the respective team on this Freedome issue.

I will send you a Private Message to proceed further on this issue.

Thank you!

• TonyT228
    TonyT228 Posts: 6 New Member

Ok will await further instructions.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info