VPN Freedome with a server in Norway does not work ask predicted by Freedome. Also problems with mir

gunnareoak
gunnareoak Posts: 4 New Member

Cannot use Freedome in Spain with a server/place in Oslo, Norway. Why??? Also problems with casting/mirroring. Please support.

Gunnar Eik

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello gunnareoak,

May I know what is the error message you see when you try to use the Norway location? Do you have the same issue with the other locations as well in Spain? Or is it only the Norway location?

Could you please elaborate on the mirroring issue?

• gunnareoak

Hello.

I have downloaded Freedome on my Samsung tablet and Huawei mobile phone.  I am currenttly located for some time yo be in Gran Canaria, Spain. The biggest TV station in Norway is NRK. They are trying to avoid to send direct programmes out of Norway. By activating the server in Oslo I understood I would get around this and that the Freedome VPN would let me have the direct transmissions. Then I have learned from you that in order to cast these transmissions to my TV I had to use  the mirroring effect on my tablet. Arriving in Spain this mirroring effect is very difficult to activate.

Consequently I am not able to see these direct transmissions nor cast them to my TV. Where am I or you going wrong????

Thanks for a contructive answer.

Regards Gunnar Eik 

• Laksh

Hello gunnareoak,

We tested this and NRK TV seems to work well when we connect FREEDOME to our Oslo, Norway location.

Could you please try the steps below and let us know if it helps?

1. Is the location services on your device enabled? Please check this article for more information and how to turn it off.
    2. Regarding the mirroring issue, it might be that you are unable to connect to your local networked devices with Freedome on. Could you try the steps mentioned in this and this article and see if you are able to mirror after that?

• gunnareoak

It now seems as the transmission via Oslo is coming through. Still a problem with the casting. I get the following message. "Error: Media_error_message/load_ failed.

It does not seem as the Freedome can be operated the way I had expexted so I am really considering to look for a differenr VPN. Thanks anyway.

gunnareoak

• Laksh

Hi gunnareoak,

Have you tried the steps mentioned in the above articles for adding the local Wi-Fi network as a trusted network in your Android devices? Do you still see the error after adding it?

Does the mirroring work if Freeodme is off?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info