United Kingdom IP geolocation

Scholar

Re: United Kingdom IP geolocation

So can you tell me how you are going to rectify this for your customers!
Scholar

Hi Tapio,

thanks for the update. I appreciate the fact that you took time to explain the situation.

For iplayer, as a temporary fix I signed up for a 2 week free trial for a smart dns service, and for eurosport player the Netherlands location works well, you get dutch and english channels. I hope the geoIP database update will resolve this as using freedome as a one stop solution for all my needs worked great so far.

peter

Scholar

Hi Tapsa

Thanks for the information but would it not have been sensible to check the location of the IP addresses before they were allocated in order to avoid this situation.

Scholar

It would appear that the BBC is now recognising the IP address as being in the UK
Scholar

Confirm that as of 27th Jan, BBC & iTV players are accessible again from France!
Scholar

Anyone having trouble accessing 4oD? I am geting Playback error.  Press ok and reselect episode to resume play but I do not get ok button.  

As this is the only app I cannot access with F-secure.  I know the app is working okay because I have checked it with another VPN app.  Just wondering if anyone had any solutions to my problem.

Any help or advice would be very much welcome.

Scholar

The fix has only lasted a few days. Can't access download from Sky once again
Scholar

The fix has only lasted a few days. Can't access download from Sky once again. Please advise