Unable to re-establish VPN connection after coming back from sleep, macOS Mojave

pönör
pönör Posts: 4 Observer

Hey,

I'm frequently facing an issue where Freedome is unable to re-establish VPN connection after macOS comes back from sleep. Quiting Freedome and opening it again gives "Could not configure the app. Restart Freedome and try again". Obviously restarting the app doesn't help, restarting the computer does fix the issue.

As a side note, I'm using a lot personal hotspot of iPhone via cable.

Thank you for the great product!

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello pönör,

May I know what is the version of Freedome installed on your Mac?

Do you observe the same issue when connecting to other networks as well?

• pönör

Hey,

Freedome version installed is 2.22.5577.0. Tapping 'Check for updates' button doesn't give any feedback so I don't know if it's the latest version.

I haven't paid attention if the issue persists on normal wifi networks. I'll experiment with that in couple of days and let you know.

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @pönör,

It seems you have already updated version of Freedome on your Mac Machine. Had you recently perfomed a update for your Mac OS?  have you tried to re-installed the Freedome and check?

And also, just to double check whether the feature has already enabled on your Freedome.

1. Open Freedome
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Tick the box for "Freedome starts automatically when you restart your computer"

If you also want Freedome to auto connect, please tick also the option "Freedome turns on Protection automatically when it starts"

4. Reboot the machine and check agian.

Based on the error message, the issue can also be related to restricted sytem keychain access, which is technically OS based problem. For such cases the suggested solution here in the Apple community might help. Or the best you can contact our support team in order inverstigate this further.

• pönör

Had you recently perfomed a update for your Mac OS?

No, it was fresh install of Mojave

>have you tried to re-installed the Freedome and check?
    I will try re-installing now

>3. Tick the box for "Freedome starts automatically when you restart your computer"
    The box is checked

>
    4. Reboot the machine and check agian.
    Rebooting the machine always fixes the issue.

I'll report back after a while tell whether re-installing Freedome solved the issue or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info