Unable to configure Chromecast with Freedome ON

Moondancer
Moondancer Posts: 3 New Member

There's no proper wifi in my home. Instead I use my Samsung Galaxy S8 as a mobile hotspot for any other unit that needs access to the internet.

A couple of days ago I finally bought a Chromecast (3rd gen.) to get rid of the looong HDMI-cable I've used for connecting my laptop to the tv. With my phone - with Freedome ON - serving as hotspot I used my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 - also with Freedome running - to configure the Chromecast and connect it to the mobile hotspot. However, this configuring was impossible until I turned Freedome to OFF. How come ..?

Another problem, probably due to the aforementioned configuration issue:

I have no problem watching Sweden's TV4 Play on my laptop with Freedome ON (apart from the lousy streaming quality they provide). However, as soon as I try casting it to my tv TV4 somehow detects that I'm not in Sweden and denies the Chromecast access. HOW COME??

Does anyone know if there's a workaround for this? I mean, as for now I'm still stuck with the bl***y HDMI-cable if I want to watch TV4 Play on my tv Smiley Mad

Comments

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Moondancer

Kindly have a look at this article

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have further concerns

• Moondancer
    Moondancer Posts: 3 New Member

Thanks, but I've already read that article and it didn't help me all the way. Mirroring the screen from the laptop does the trick but mirroring the screen from my tablet doesn't. Also, I'm still curious if one's able to cast (or mirror the screen) from a phone that serves as mobile hotspot for the Chromecast.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info