Transfer option not presented, cannot transfer license

nhelman64
nhelman64 Posts: 4 Explorer

I am trying to transfer a license from an old laptop to a new laptop.  I examined the article suggested in other forum messages (link) I am only presented with an Oops message, never an option to transfer.  I have downloaded Freedome and installed it for the trial on my new laptop.  Where do I actually get the transfer license option?

Thanks

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @nhelman64

For Multi-platform subscription, the Transfer License option does prompt only if all your licenses are in use and you insert your subscription code, FREEDOME detects this, and a license transfer is offered.

For instance, if you have a valid subscription with 5 FREEDOME licenses, and you have used the subscription code with 5 devices, then these 5 licenses are all in use. If you then install FREEDOME on a 6th device, and insert your subscription code, the app prompts you to transfer a license.

In your case, I would assume that you haven't used all licenses for your devices.

• nhelman64

I don't think you're right.  Why would it give me this message, then?

image.pngAll licenses used up

• nhelman64
    I have a valid subscription with 3 licenses. I have used all three licenses. Now, I can't switch one of the licenses from an old laptop to a new laptop.
  • nhelman64

@Sethu Thanks for the PM.  Uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick.  I was able transfer the subscription license, and did the same thing on one of my other devices.  Both are up and running the VPN.  Now, I'll be able to do the same on Saturday when my desktop PC comes back online.  Thanks so much for your help.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info