Tracker Mapper not working. Need help with reinstall

lghtstrm
lghtstrm Posts: 6 New Member

Hi,

Macbook Pro HighSierra 10.13.1

My tracker mapper does not seem to be working; nothing happens when I try to start a new map. From what I have read on the Forums, it looks like I need to do a reinstall. Before I do that however I thought it would be a good idea to save my key so that I can reinstall. The problem is that when I try to copy my key from keychain I get the following error:

Access to this item is restricted.

The provided password did not unlock tis keychain,
or access has been limited to a particular user
account.

Won't I need this to reinstall?

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi lghtstrm,

May I know if you have purchased your Freedome license key via F-Secure directly? Is it a multi device subscription?

If yes, you can find your Freedome license key in your email as mentioned in this article. You can use that key to activate Freedome again.

• Hsix
    Hsix Posts: 1 Observer

Similar problem here. MacOS High Sierra, Freedome tracker mapper logs nothing. Occasionally picks site or two, but usually tracking log is empty after hours of browsing. Works ok in my iPhone and logs dozens of tracking attempts on same pages.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Hsix wrote:

Similar problem here. MacOS High Sierra, Freedome tracker mapper logs nothing. Occasionally picks site or two, but usually tracking log is empty after hours of browsing. Works ok in my iPhone and logs dozens of tracking attempts on same pages.

Hello,

I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions); Just my own unofficial suggestion:

Maybe with your Mac -> browsing mainly under HTTPS (?!). While with iPhone-platform Freedome with certain tweaks or ?! http protocol under mobile version of pages.

Some of Freedome Knowledgebase-articles:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/What-is-Tracking-Protection/ta-p/81921

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/F-Secure-Freedome-Anti-Tracking/ta-p/52153

Does it possible to provide certain example of such URL (?). Just as my try to re-check with Windows platform (as example).

Thanks!

• lghtstrm

Well, I did the uninstall and reinstall. But Tracker Mapper is still not logging  any activity. This was not always the case as it was working fine when i first installed the software a few months ago. Any ideas?

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi lghtstrm,

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our support team here to analyze the issue better.

• lghtstrm

Problem persists. Spent about half an hour with a chat tech last week. We reinstalled, etc. Mapper still doesn't work. Sites are being blocked (according to the ticker) but no map, and no listing of top sites blocked. When I start a new log, and browse no list is generated and there is no data in the map.

I tried to use chat, but it's closed. I tried to call but you're closed (even though it is Monday at 11:30 am EST and 6:30 pm wherever you are.

I would open a ticket but I can't find anywhere to do that, not in any of the FAQs. Your support is very frustrating, and I'm paying for something that does not work correctly.

• Ukko

@lghtstrm wrote:

Problem persists. Spent about half an hour with a chat tech last week. We reinstalled, etc. Mapper still doesn't work. Sites are being blocked (according to the ticker) but no map, and no listing of top sites blocked. When I start a new log, and browse no list is generated and there is no data in the map.

I tried to use chat, but it's closed. I tried to call but you're closed (even though it is Monday at 11:30 am EST and 6:30 pm wherever you are.

I would open a ticket but I can't find anywhere to do that, not in any of the FAQs. Your support is very frustrating, and I'm paying for something that does not work correctly.

Hello,

Sorry for my reply (I'm only F-Secure user; their home solutions);

Looks like that F-Secure home_global website with available-status for Chat (currently):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Also -> Tracker Mapper is not a paid feature (it's comes with purchased Freedome VPN software and not required to buy additionally).

Does it also possible to provide any website (which blocked by Tracking Protection - but not listed under Tracker Mapper log)? I able to suspect that maybe some troubles with Mac-solution based on potential improve/changes with Tracker Mapper feature - but just as clarification that it works with Windows platform (as I able to check it with Windows - but not clear for me any tracking websites).

Thanks!

• lghtstrm

Thanks for the response, but it seems like your advice is to give up on Tracker Mapper because it doesn't work on Mac. (During the first few weeks of use, it worked fine.)

Next, it would seem that you are saying that I shouldn't expect Tracker Mapper to work because I'm not really supposed to have it as a feature of Freedome. (It shouldn't be in the menu if you can't expect to use it.)

I will keep trying to find a time when Chat is working, or that I don't have to wait forever to get through on the phone.

• Ukko

Hello,

Just as clarification/repeat -> I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

So, only potential unofficial and my own feelings/suggestions.

-> I do not mean that "Tracker Mapper does not work on Mac" - but possible to suspect that some changes for Mac platform (MAYBE) with such result. OR maybe it can be with fresh changes to Tracker Mapper and trouble can be fixed after. So, required to get official clarification or more experience from other Mac-users.

-> My own experience with F-Secure Freedome and Tracker Mapper (recent days) only about Windows-platform. With my experience -> Tracker Mapper also do not show anything (but I'm not sure if anything was blocked). Not known any http-websites with tracking-design for me (for brief try).

With Windows-platform -> Tracker Mapper also will list 'harmful'-rated websites; And it work with current Freedome Windows. So, maybe possible to try with your Mac; What will be if their testpage (rated as harmful, but safe):

http://unsafe.fstestdomain.com/

blocked by Freedome -> does Tracker Mapper show it?

-> you should expect Tracker Mapper to work... but I'm not sure that (this feature) should be main reason for your purchase. You wrote that ""paying for something that does not work correctly"" -> yes, it's proper statement, of course. But with my feelings -> with F-Secure Freedome -> good to paying for their main design VPN solution. Even maybe it also does not work correctly.....

While trouble with Tracker Mapper (one additional feature/design) -> maybe temporary trouble and not always will break main design of Freedome VPN.

Currently chat with available status (maybe?!): https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info