Subscription Issues on laptop Win 7

Jennteal
Jennteal Posts: 5 New Member

I apologize in advance as this is a fairly complicated story I'm having trouble explaining even to myself. Last December I ordered freedome vpn multiplatform. I put in on my tablet but had some issue with my phone. Here is the topic I submitted last December: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/secure-is-saying-I-only-have-a/m-p/89678#M15935

it must have solved the problem because its on my phone and works great. I then moved on to my laptop and here's where it gets foggy.  When I tried to use it on my laptop I kept getting a message that I have since forgotten what it said and can no longer access because of uninstalling and reinstalling freedome. Instead of the message it just tells me I have to resubscribe. The point is I got frustrated didn't ask for help and just gave up. Now after hearing about new Wifi security issues I want a working vpn on my laptop.

When I click on the freedome icon I'm told  it's expired-resubscribe. To make it more difficult when I log into my fsecure account it tells me my subscription was up in Jan 2017 which isn't true as I've said before December 24, 2017 is my expiration date and  confirmed by the freedome app on my tablet. This is a mess and I'll be very grateful to anyone who can help.Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

But just some ask-words:

--> Does your experience about F-Secure Freedome subscription only?

Or about F-Secure Total solution subscription (where bundled F-Secure SAFE and F-Secure Freedome)?

--> Does it possible to find any confirmation/payment/purchase letters from F-Secure about your Freedome subscription?

Such ask-words based on meanings:

--> To log into "My F-Secure Account" is reasonable only with F-Secure Total (where Freedome is also bundled); If your experience not about such solution -> most likely your Account about previous subscription or trial-time - and quite likely that it can be expired.

--> For fresh installation of Freedome (even if it stated that expired): does it possible to enter/add/put your subscription-license-key?

Or expired-state comes after this steps?

Thanks!

• Jennteal
    Jennteal Posts: 5 New Member

Hi thanks for your reply!

It's about fsecure freedome only and I have invoices/emails with proof I've paid and on my tablet in the app it says good until 12/24/17. Do you need to see it? I guess I could take a photo ,upload and blur out my name if necessary. It's through Cleverbridge if that's important. I can't seem to find a code in any of the emails I have which is what I really need.  It's gotten worse because I had to buy a new phone today so now I don't have freedome on it eitherSmiley Sad Any idea how I can get the code/key again? Thanks!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Jennteal wrote:

Hi thanks for your reply!

It's about fsecure freedome only and I have invoices/emails with proof I've paid and on my tablet in the app it says good until 12/24/17. Do you need to see it? I guess I could take a photo ,upload and blur out my name if necessary. It's through Cleverbridge if that's important. I can't seem to find a code in any of the emails I have which is what I really need.  It's gotten worse because I had to buy a new phone today so now I don't have freedome on it eitherSmiley Sad Any idea how I can get the code/key again? Thanks!

Hello,

Just as clarification -> I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions) and not an official F-Secure Staff.

With your situation -- good to contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat/phone):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

And to provide for them all information about purchase (or so) -> because Support Agents should be with abilities to restore/recover or re-check your license/subscription data.

At least, for ability to get 'subscription code/voucher' for your desktop (if there is no any other troublereasons).

But I able to think that maybe your experience about their design with subscription-types:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Freedome-VPN-subscription/ta-p/91879

Where possible to purchase not a multi-platform, but only mobile-based platform subscription. Anyway -> F-Secure Support should to clarify your certain situation.

And possible to re-check noted Knowledgebase-article (or some else ones):

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info