Strange bottle neck behaivor on latest update

PetrolHead
PetrolHead Posts: 3 New Member

Did update to latest Freedome, but ping/start to download/surfing takes 20 seconds to start.

Did downgrade to an older one and the problem was solved (tested with three computers, win10)

Never had this issue before, but I cant imagine that Im alone with this behaviour?

Just wanted to inform my problem and solve...

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Maybe your experience can be also related with this topic:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Last-update-broke-my-computer/td-p/94391

Where some descriptions sounds like your situation.

Also not sure if it still latest update for Freedome, but some of them was with fixing next trouble:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Freedome-DNS-leak-after-latest/m-p/94076/highlight/true#M8346

Just as potential suggestion that using previous Freedome build can be with potential (just certain setting/steps) DNS leak.

Will be good - if with workdays - there will be proper response from F-Secure Team.

Sorry for my reply.

Thanks!

• PetrolHead
    PetrolHead Posts: 3 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply =)

None of them helped, so I did a reverse upadte and it worked with the older version =)

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I think direct URL for Freedome.exe (as installer from official website) will be always about latest up-to-date build of Freedome.

And I noted topic about DNS Leak -> mostly because some previous builds of Freedome was with such potential 'leak'-status; And even fresh versions of Freedome can be with impact for perfomance (but it also can be with security fixes);

So - if with your experience  -> perfomance-troubles based on latest update and you back to the some of 'previous versions" - it can be with potential DNS leak trouble. And my second suggestion (point) was mainly about situation that if it can be important for you as potential 'privacy'-leak (but how I can to understand - such trouble was with different limitation and not always will be valid for user);

Sorry for my worst English;

I also think that there can be common trouble with something about latest update and 'related' troubles (which noted by different users under community);

So will be good if tomorrow F-Secure Team properly answered under your topic (with good advices and words)!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info