Retrieve subscription code

fduser
fduser Posts: 6 New Member

In order to extend my current subscription, I purchased a one year subscription for 3 devices in a physical format (with a printed subscription code inside). I entered the subscription code on my primary computer, which accepted it and extended the license by one year. However, now when I looked on my other computer (which I use infrequently), it does not show that the subscription has been extended by one year. So I looked on my primary computer in the Freedome program and tried to locate the subscription code that I entered there for the extra year, in order to enter it on my other computer. However, I can't find it anywhere in the program. Please assist, as I have since disposed of the physical format with the printed subscription code, as I presumed it would automatically update across my 3 devices automatically once entered into one (and at the very least that it would be viewable in Freedome on the computer where it had been entered and accepted, as in every other program I have ever used by subscription, ie Norton Internet Security etc.).

Comments

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @fduser 

It is not possible to retrieve the Freedome code from an existing device so you will need that code. 

Meanwhile, kindly check your inbox and share the details with us so we could check with you, that is if you made the purchase from our website. 

• fduser

I do not have the piece of paper with the code printed on it as I have disposed of it.  As I wrote, I entered it into my main computer's Freedome program and assumed that it would propagate across the other installs.

Regardless, I (reasonably) expected to be able to view it from within the program should I ever need it again (as in every other piece of software from Windows to Norton etc.).  What happens if I need to perform a clean install on my main computer again?  My subscription disappears since I don't have the code I inputted previously?  That makes no sense at all.

I did not purchase the subscription from your website but from a third party vendor on Amazon UK.

Please can you find a solution.

• Jaims

Hi @fduser 

Have you tried to contact the vendor where you purchased it from? They should have a record of the Freedome key if you can provide them with the purchase reference, I believe they should be able to retrieve the code for you.

• fduser

Hi Jaims,

I contacted the vendor and this is their reply:

Thanks for contacting us regarding your purchase. I am sorry to hear you are having some difficulty.
    F-Secure sell Freedome in two formats - one in a retail box with a printed licence key, and one with a download and an electronic key provided to customers usually by email. If you had bought the product with the electronic key, then we would have a record of the key and could provide it for you.
    However, with the retail boxed product, as resellers we never get to see the licence key as it is secured in the retail box. In fact, we purchase from F-Secure's distributor and they send the packages to Amazon's fulfilment centre on our behalf, and Amazon then send purchases to customers. So we don't even see the outside of the retail box.
    So, I need to send you back to the manufacturer's tech support.
    Explain to them that you purchased the retail box product, so that the reseller doesn't have the licence key. Hopefully they will be able to find your registration on the one system you did set up, and will be able to confirm that you have registered the product and thus let you have a key (quite probably a different one) to cover your other two installations.
    I am sorry that I cannot be more helpful than that, but hope this explanation helps you in your discusstion with F-Secure. We are happy to confirm your purchase should they need us to.
  • Jaims

Hi @fduser 

Thank you for taking a step further by contacting the vendor.

However, we would need some form of verification regarding this purchase, so you will receive a message from us shortly. 

• fduser

I did not receive any notification about your private email, I have just seen it now when logging on. Please post here again so that I can know when to log in to check for a new private message.

• Jaims

Hi @fduser 

I just replied your private message. I will wait for your reply.

Thank you.

• fduser

Thanks. You have requested additional information again that is irrelevant.  I have however provided it.

I look forward to you resolving this ASAP as I have been without Freedome now on two of my devices for some weeks now while this back and forth on here has been going on, and I expect codes that give me 365 days of coverage, as I have paid for, notwithstanding how many days are left on the sole device where the code was entered.  Frankly, it is shocking that it has taken this length of time and this many messages and it is still unresolved, you should offer me something in addition to 365 days for needing to go through this piecemeal for weeks and weeks on this site.

Rgds

• Jaims

Hi @fduser 

Thank you for your response.

Kindly refer to my reply in your inbox. 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info