Reocurring browser message

Roberto1
Roberto1 Posts: 2 New Member

Hi I am constantly getting a browser message from F-secure stating harmfull website blocked. On one hand it is good that f-secure is protecting me. On the other hand it is annoying that the window keeps popping up when I am trying to watch youtube etc.

Harmful web site blocked

hxxp://a.couponcherry. com/index.php

This web site has been reported as harmful.
We recommend that you do not visit this web site.

I understand this maybe a dodgy website but I am not trying to visit it. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it as it keeps happening on its own.

Thanks for your help

Rob

EDIT: LINK

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Roberto1, 

Could you confirm when do you see this kind of pop-up appearing? You mention "youtube etc", does that mean that you receive this message when you are simply browsing? 

It could mean that you have Potentially Unwanted Application or infection on your machine, and it tries to connect to this address. You might want to give our Online scanner a try.

• Roberto1
    Roberto1 Posts: 2 New Member
    The browser opens displaying the message harmful website blocked even if I am not using the Internet. I have changed settings to not show notifications. I also ran the online scanner you recommended but it didn't find anything wrong so I am still stuck with this issue.
  • Van
    Van Posts: 1 New Member
    Will a reformat fixit?
This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info